I thought all this and started serving. As I was serving the dishes, Ryan tried to avoid the eye contact. Back at home, I thought he would put me in some trouble. But, I was wrong. He is trying to help me.

While I served, I got to know all dishes contained meat and I won't eat that today being Saturday. I always avoid eating meat on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday as those are auspicious days to God.

I picked up the fruit salad and put some other dishes even though it's meat, but I didn't have it. I tried not to make a scene. We ate in silence and later after having, I picked up the plates and aunty insisted on helping me. But, I didn't agree and she just smiled and walked to the hall.

I stored the dishes in the dishwasher and walked to the hall.

We sat there and after a short silence

" Diya what do you do other than working as a maid?" Aunty asked me. Why is she asking me questions instead of asking Priya? I seriously gonna die today after getting back home.

" I am just a maid aunty"

"Why did you choose to be a full time maid at this age?" She asked

I couldn't answer for the question and Priya glared at me. To change the topic. Priya asked

" So, Ryan in which department do you work?"

" In the ER" he said looking at her plainly.

" Do you have any siblings? " she asked next

" Yes, I do have a sister" he stopped in a sentence. I prayed the god to end this one to one session and also end this meeting soon.

"Priya, he is always like that. He takes time to mingle with new people. Don't mind him" she said and I could see Priya smile because at least now aunty is giving her attention.

" No problem aunty. I like that in him" she said, pushing a hair strand at the back of her ears and blushed. She added

" I thought to say at first, You look beautiful aunty. You look so young" she said with a short smile.

"Aww..thank you" she blushed.

After that I saw aunty taking the tab and did something. She then kept the tab in the teapoy.

Priya and I looked at the tab closely and was shocked to see Priya's mom on video call.

"Surprise "they both screamed and we looked at each other.

"Mom, What are doing here? I mean, How do you know Ryan's mom?" she asked shocked. Ryan was shocked too, and was trying to understand what was going on.

" We both are best friends" she said

" What?? From when and how? You never mentioned before " she asked

" Grace tell them " she looked at aunty.

" I have known your parents from the time you lived in that village. I lost contact in the middle. Recently a month back, I contacted her again " she said, which was even more shocking us. Village? Does she know my parents then? I looked at her, unable to ask any question. But, she said like she is the best friend of Priya's mom. So Forget it.

"We planned it as a surprise. Grace told me not to say to you about her and wanted to tell it in person. She was busy lately and now she had time to come here" she laughed and continued

" Priya do you know she was the one who suggested the house in which you are staying. She is such a sweet one" she said and Priya just listened. She was trying to understand what was going on.

" Ryan how are you? This is the first time am getting to talk to you" she said with a smile.

" I'm good aunty" he said and looked like he was also thinking something.

"Priya's father wants to see you" she said and turned the camera to uncle.

" How are you Ryan? I'm Priya's dad" he said smiling

" I'm good sir. Nice to meet you" he smiled.

" Glad to meet you Grace. It has been years since we last met" he said to Aunt Grace.

" Yes...it's been a long time, though" she said smiling widely.

" So Grace, let's just tell them. I think our children are trying hard to understand what's going on" Priya's mom said laughing.

" Ok, We have been planning to refresh the relationship and make it even more stronger. Wait!! Let's say it together, then " aunt grace said, asking Priya's mom to join.

What do you think they are going to say??

How's the chapter?

~ 1152 words ~