- 32 -

I couldn't wait till Friday night to update the chapter

I couldn't wait till Friday night to update the chapter. So, here it goes... Happy reading 💕

-×-×-×-×-×

Edward Ryan's pov..

I had to attend an emergency case and the operation went on for hours. The patient's condition was very critical and I tried hard to save him. During the operation, I felt somewhat uncomfortable. But, I successfully saved his life. I removed my gloves and washed my hands. Then, I headed to my room and took my mobile to see the notifications.

I was shocked to see many missed calls from Diya, John and Linda. I got an unknown fear of what would have happened. I was about to call John when I got a call from him at the same time.  I picked up the call.

"John!! What happened? You people had called me several times" I asked him tensed and confused.

"Now, everything is normal. But listen, I have to tell you something important. I will be waiting downstairs at the parking lot of our apartment" he said in a calm voice but I felt soemthing wrong and weird.I didn't want to question him further 

"Ok" I said and took my bag to leave.

I reached the apartment and saw John and Linda standing there. I locked the car and hurried

"Where's Diya?"

"She is there in your house. But" Linda said and looked at John.

"Hey, just tell me"

"It's..." Linda narrated me the whole incident

"F**king bast**ds. How dare they.."

"I know it's stupid to say this. Don't get angry, Ryan. Now, Diya needs you. That's it. Just go see her" She said and came to hug me.

"Dude, control your emotions. Just be with her. Right now, she needs you badly than anyone else" then John came and hugged me and tapped my back.

" Yes, I will. Thanks guys"

"Just go man" he said and I ran to climb up the stairs.

I unlocked the door and entered to see the dark hall. I quickly switched on the lights and looked out for her but, I couldn't find her in the living room so, I opened her room door and also checked her bathroom, she wasn't there too. I got tensed and opened my room. There she was sitting on the floor in the balcony. Boo boo II was sleeping next to her. I rushed to her and sat beside her.

"Hey, Diya. I'm really sorry. I was there in the operation room..I .." she didn't leave me to speak as she came close and hugged me. She hugged me too tight like she didn't want me to go and cried hard. I was taken aback as this was the first time she hugged me.

"It's ok, Diya. Don't cry. See I'm here" I said and hugged her.

"I heard everything from Linda and rushed to see you. I'm sorry for not being there with you" I said while she nodded a no and hugged me even more tightly.