- 28 -

Diya's pov

Diya's pov..

The next day, I got up early to arrange and decorate the pooja cupboard. I also cooked food simultaneously. After, I arranged the food in the dining. I began my pooja. It has been long since I sat in front of god. I always feel strong to proceed the day only after I pray to God in the morning.

That's when I heard the door sound and I turned to see Ryan looking around to process what was happening around him. He came and stood next to me.

"Wow. You had decorated it well"  he said, looking at the cupboard in detail.

"Thanks. Wait for 5 mins, we will have breakfast"

"No. Teach me"

"Huh? What?"

" To pray. Teach me on how to pray your God" he said casually, but I was amazed.

" Really!! I didn't expect" saying this, I taught him to fold his hands and pray. Then, I lighted the diya and took aarthi. I hesitated at first but kept a thin  line of vibhuti in his forehead while he looked at me confused.

" What's that?"he asked me. I must say he looked funny, cute and different when I kept this.

"We keep this to protect from all evil forces" I said and he nodded.

I turned to him and asked him to keep the vermillion in my forehead. Then, I bent down to touch his feet. This was our first time doing pooja so, I wanted to do this.

" Hey Diya. NO!! what are you doing?" he asked me shocked

" It's a gesture of respect we give to our husband. I know we always have respect each other a lot and that's enough. But accept this for me once"

" No. I saw you doing this to my mom and dad at our marriage. They accepted it knowing the custom. But, I can't accept this" he said with a stern face.

"Ok" I said in a low voice.  I wanted to do it as it was the first time and also I was ok with it. Thinking these, I was about to turn. When he stopped me by holding my wrist.

"I know you wanted to do this. Whatever crazy custom it is, I can't accept for your sake too. Your place should be in my heart not in my feet" he said looking deep into my eyes like he wanted me to be ok with it and understand him.

"I didn't get offended. I understand. Relax. Let's go and have breakfast" I said by keeping the aarthi plate in the cupboard.

We had breakfast and he postponded the schedule after an hour because he wanted to come with me to see the restaurant.

We reached and he parked the car. We walked along the street to reach the restaurant. He opened the door and we got in and was welcomed by Rahul in the cash counter.

Tamil - Good morning. Oh Diya!! Nan ungala ethir pakala. Neenga offer ah reject panitinga nu nenachen
("Good morning. Oh, Diya!! I didn't expect you suddenly. I thought you rejected the offer")