69

I'm so tired rn, but y'all lmk what y'all wanna see happen next in the book, I finally got time to write now. 🤦🏾‍♀️

Zaidee crinkled her nose as she walked into the apartment that Charlie had been denied permission to stay in. The smell of weed had smacked her dead in the face and she wasn't feeling it at all. She had tried to call Kofi after they'd landed about an hour and a half ago, but he wasn't picking up. She had assumed that it was because he was at home asleep, but after getting home with Cam, it was apparent that he wasn't there.

She didn't really see herself having any other option but to put her stuff up and get ready for bed. She was going to try to call him again before she went to sleep, but it was almost three in the morning and she wasn't going to blow him up. She didn't even have the energy to.

Nothing looked different about the apartment, but she could not get over the smell. After dropping her bags on the floor she went in the kitchen and saw a big Popeyes box. Since it was wide open she could see that bones and a few napkins were inside of it. Beside the box was a stack of plastic cups causing her to look confused. Before she could begin to think about anything she heard the door being unlocked. She knew that it was probably Kofi, but that didn't stop the sudden noise from making her jump.

After watching his tall figure come through the door and turn around and lock it without paying attention to anything else, she cleared her throat.

Kofi quickly turned in her direction and let out a breath when he noticed who it was.

"You smoked in here today?" She asked rhetorically. She knew he had, unless someone had broke in and smoked and just decided not to steal anything for some odd reason.

Kofi took a few seconds to smell the air. "Yeah a lil' bit, me Ant and Tez 'nem." He shrugged his shoulders, but he knew how she felt about it.

"Ew," she reeled her head back, "Ant as in Antwon?" She asked with a look of disgust on her face. She couldn't stand the thought of him.

"Mhm." Kofi nodded.

"You know that smoking isn't allowed inside these apartments right? Especially not some loud ass weed." The smell was starting to make her feel sick. Weed and Cigarettes left behind two of the most disgusting smells in the world to her.

"I forgot, I ain't even smoke for real, that was them." He threw everybody else under the bus. Zaidee already knew he was lying so she didn't comment on it.

"And you left your trash behind. You could've at least threw this box away." She directed her attention to the table. "But did you do whatever you had to do so you can fly back with me?"

"Nah not yet, you ate before Cam dropped you off?" Kofi walked into the kitchen where she was and picked up the box, throwing it in the trash can after.

"No, I wasn't hungry, but I was calling you after we landed..?" Her eyes trailed his actions for no particular reason.

"My phone dead right now. I wasn't ignoring you, I hurried up and headed back once I figured y'all had landed." He examined the tiredness on her face.

Zaidee just nodded her head. "You tired?" She asked.

Kofi shook his head. "Not really, but let's gone ahead and call it a night." He dipped his head down and kissed her cheek.

9:42 a.m.

"Can we get a dog? I feel like I need a son, but not a human son." Zaidee didn't think she'd be up this early, but Kofi had gotten up and broken a glass plate, and to her surprise it easily woke her up.