22

After the long day at school she'd just endured, Zaidee wanted nothing more than to just come home and take a long, well-needed nap to sleep away her exhaustion.

And taking a nap was exactly what she planned to do as soon as she got in. She had stayed up just about all night on FaceTime with Kofi just for him to be missing the next day. She hadn't seen or heard from him all day, but his friends kept telling her he was busy so she left it alone since that was the most she could get out of them.

Her and Kofi had been good for a while, no drama was involving them and they weren't having any disagreements thus far.

As for Zaidee's home life... her aunt was always yelling at her whenever she got the chance. For some reason, she didn't want Zaidee with Kofi, or anyone else. Zaidee had always knew her aunt as this sweet and loving woman who took her in and raised and cared for her.

But lately she had been acting brand new. She had gotten so mad at Zaidee one time that she almost burned her face with an iron.

Zaidee always tried to keep her distance and not turn anything into an argument, but it seemed like her aunt waited on her to get home just so she can yell and start an argument.

Taking a well-needed deep breath, Zaidee twisted the doorknob that held the apartment she called home on the other side, and pushed the door open. An odd smell immediately invaded her nostrils.

"That nigga got what he wanted for the day and dropped your ass off huh?" Was the first thing she heard as soon as she stepped inside. It didn't take a rocket scientist, or the brain of a five year-old to know who was speaking.

Sucking her teeth, and shutting the door at the same time, Zaidee turned and faced her aunt, who was sitting on the couch, smoking a cigarette.

Zaidee scrunched her face up. She had never in her life seen her aunt smoke anything. Especially not disgusting, terrible-smelling cigarettes.

Something must've really been wrong.

"That nigga wasn't even at school today." Zaidee mumbled as she began making her way down the hallway.

"Probably was out pleasing his other hoes. I hope you don't think you the only one!" Her aunt's voice got louder as she got further.

She wasn't going to entertain anymore of it than she already had just by telling her he wasn't at school. She regretted even looking in her direction.

She made her way into her room, making sure to lock her door behind her. She put her bag up and changed from her school clothes into some comfortable clothes that she could lie down and sleep in. Before she could rest her eyes, she knew she had to get her homework done now or she just wouldn't do it. She'd use an excuse of being too tired and she had never missed a homework assignment, and she definitely wasn't going to start now.

~ ONE NAP LATER ~

Waking up from her nap, Zaidee was overly excited to see that she had a missed FaceTime call from Kofi from over two hours ago and she quickly called him back, only for it to be immediately declined. A frown formed on her face but she just attempted to shake it off; maybe he was busy.

Her aunt may have been bashing her about being with Kofi but she couldn't help but to feel some sort of attraction towards him. It's like she would love him forever even if he did her dirty and grimy. She would always forgive him, and she hated to think it, but she was positive that she would always take him back.

She felt like everything they had was forced by him, but her feelings weren't forced. She really had feelings for him and she really did love him.

She couldn't say that he felt the same way about her, or even a little bit close. She just didn't know. All she could do was hope that he loved her like she loved him. If the two were to ever break up and he didn't wanna be with her anymore, she wouldn't be too surprised because part of her still feels like he's just a 'thug' and a player. She wasn't too quick to trust him because she knew what he was like and she knew that he had played with the hearts of many females.

All she could do was hope that he wasn't playing with her heart because she wouldn't know how to deal with heartbreak. She was still a sweet and innocent girl, but she had learned that if she wanted to be with him and she wanted to be the only one with him, she would have to get out of her comfort zone a little and stand up to people she'd never stood up to. She felt like she was becoming a new person, but she also felt like all the changes she was going through were nothing but beneficial.

She let out a yawn and just as she was about to do a good first stretch, the sound of glass shattering made her jump and she was wondering how she ignored the voices of whoever was in the living room.

"No! Move!" She heard one of the twins yell.

She opened her door and peeked out just enough so that she could see the kitchen. Tia was backed up against the dishwasher in an oversized t shirt and only God knew what she had on underneath it.

Nia was hovering over her, in a way.

Zaidee furrowed her eyebrows and just watched and listened.

"Not tonight Nia. The baby's been moving around way too much." Tia rolled her eyes before rubbing her stomach.

Zaidee's face scrunched up when she watched Nia place her hand under Tia's shirt and she heard Tia moan and close her eyes. "If you don't wanna do anything tonight then why are you so wet for me?"

Zaidee's jaw dropped and her eyes widened. Nia looked Tia in the eye for about two seconds before the two started full out tongue kissing.

••••••

FORGIVE ME FOR MY BULLSHIT, BUT LIFE HAS BEEN KICKING MY ASS. LITERALLY!

EVERY NIGHT IVE HAD 8&10 PAGE RESEARCH PAPERS OR EITHER HOMEWORK FROM ANOTHER CLASS.

AND THEN I HAVE TESTS TOMORROW AND FRIDAY.

THEN MY FAMILY IS JUST GOING THROUGH THE FREAKING MOTIONS- BUT IG THATS NOT IMPORTANT.

BUT JUST KNOW THAT I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS BOOK!!!!

IM JUST TRYING TO FIT IT INTO MY CRAZY ASS SCHEDULE.