- 『A』『t』『e』『l』『o』『p』『h』『o』『b』『i』『a』 -

Chapter 8 of Coffee & Murder at 3:00am

Word Count : 1,184

Image Credit : Myself 

Date Posted : October 14th, 2020, Wednesday

Author's Note! : This is like- my first time writing fluff with the Uraraka fam, so don't judge XD

▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░ Music to listen to ░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂

-☕-

As soon as they arrive to the emergency room, Izuku is practically thrown out of the ambulance as the doctors fumble around for all of the proper equipment needed for the emergency surgery on the greenette's badly shapen legs.

Meanwhile, with Ochaco Uraraka, things are going plenty better, but also plenty worse.

She lay on a hospital bed, machines making a beep every second to match with her stable heartbeat as she slept. Large bandages covering her left arm and a large Band-Aid on her cheek, the wound underneath would surely scar her face.

As soon as her parents heard their child was involved with a villain attack and was now being hospitalized, they drove faster than Ingenuim on 56 monsters and 2 coffees.

Once they arrived they just sat next to their daughter's bed, they were met with her sitting up in the bed, confusion evident on her face before her eyes met her parents. Her expression immediately changed to horror, Mrs. Uraraka assuming that she was now remembering, she felt her heart crumble when she saw he daughter wiping furiously away at her tears as she began to break out into a full sob on her bed. Mr. Uraraka hurridly ran to his daughter's side and immediately began to comfort her by whispering reassuring things in her ear and hugging her tightly while rubbing circles in her back as Mrs. Uraraka just sat next to her family on the bed, crying ugly tears as she hugged her daughter as tight as she could.

Ochaco hugged both of her parents back tightly as she cried endless tears into their shoulders, letting out a hiccup or sniff every once in a bit. Then, she realized something. How are they going to pay for this? She's just wasting there money just because she was stupid and got involved in a villain attack, now she's making her loving parents poor. She sobs harder as her grip tightens on her father's shirt.

"H-How are you-you gonna afford th-this..?" She finally managed to choke out, cursing her inner self for stuttering. Suddenly she felt her parents arms leave her, making a bit cold. Her father suddenly put his large hand onto her chin and smiled at her, and gazed into the very existence of her being and said, "The heroes are actually paying, they felt bad for not rescuing you in time, Ochaco" She felt like sobbing all over again, but she was so shocked she couldn't.

"They what?"

Her father and mother smiled at her once again, and like the gentleman he is, gripped onto his daughter's hand for reassurance. She noticed there was some tear stains on her mother and father cheek's. They- They weren't joking? Not like they would joke about something like this- but- Heroes paying for a civilians medical billing? That just sounds insane to Ochaco!

She finally managed to give her parents both a teary-eyed smile as she cried harder and hugged them both tightly with making a teary laugh.

..

...

....

Back with our beloved Izuku Midoriya..

The surgery was complete. The greenette may have minor scarring on his legs and a small scar on his forehead, everything had gone completely to plan! Although the doctors were all worried about that nasty handprint shaped scar on his shoulder that was there before the villain attack.
They each decided to not mention it, though.
They didn't want to bring up that up.

Izuku now lay asleep, in a comfy hospital bed with bandages covering basically his entire chest along with his legs. The steady beeping of his heart monitor echoing throughout his room, the only other noise was the greenette's soft breathing.

Finally after what felt like hours for the viewers, Izuku has finally awoken from his slumber. He had the strangest nightmare where he was nearly murdered in a villain attack..

He yawned, and was about to stretch out his legs, when he notices they are completely wrapped in bandages. He then took the time to examine his body. His entire torso was covered in bandages, and his arms both had some bandages on them too-

oH, shit that wasn't a dream, was it??

The room started to feel so suffocating. Izuku suddenly started pulling all of the tubes and wires out of his body in panic, as he tried to run out of the room.

He then opened the door, then tried his best to run. He gasped in pain, as he finally felt the pain in his legs and collapsed on the floor as nurses hurriedly picked him up and put him on his bed and put the greenette under something.

He felt really tired again, but fought to stay awake as best as he could. But sleep managed to overcome him as he felt the nurses and doctors fumble around putting the wires and tubes in his body again.

--

Todoroki sighed as he walked into the hospital, his sister had finally managed to convince to visit his mother after 'training' with Endeavor. He was holding a bouquet of purple flowers along a large box of chocolates and a AllMight plush just to annoy his father.

As he walked inside after having an inner war with himself, he was immediately welcomed by panicked nurses and what looked like a dead child with broccoli hair on the floor.

Yeah, no bye not gonna deal with this. Fuck no-

"Sir, may I help you?" A young woman with see through blue hair asked the peppermint-haired teenager nervously. You know what, it's fine. I don't even know that bush. "U-Uhm, yes? I was wondering if  I could Rei Todoroki? I'm her son." The woman looked surprised for a second, then typed on her computer furiously, and looked up the boy nervously. (who literally towers over her-)

"Room 87, second floor, door to the left. It has a blue chair next to the door." Shen then handed Todoroki a card and motioned to the stairs, that were coincidentally next to the broccoli head's room.

He felt like strangling himself, but knew that the doctors would stop him and call his father, so he decided not to.

As he walked pass, he heard something that made him stiffen up a bit.

"Sir, he has no living family- Who's going to pay for the medical billing? Who's going to take care of him? He's only fourteen!!" A feminine voiced asked from inside the room, What happened to him?? "The heroes will be paying, a family called the Bakugou's have already volunteered to take him in." He heard a pause, and was about to leave when he heard one more thing, "Who's going to tell him that his father's dead..?"

Before they could continue, Todoroki had left, not wanting to intrude anymore on the greenette's family issues. Before he knew it, he was in front of room #87.

His mother's room.

Todoroki took a moment to fix his hair and clothes, before he finally reahced his hand to the doorknob.