-『A』『u』『t』『o』『p』『h』『o』『b』『i』『a』-

Chapter 1 of Coffee & Murder at 3:00am

Word Count: 766

Image Credit: Myself

Date Posted: September 9th, 2020, Thursday

-☕-

Izuku sat on his seat, ignoring the writings on his desk. He heard some people whispering and laughing quietly about him, but he ignored it. He grabbed a tissue from his bag and began to wash the hurtful words off of his desk as the bell rang, signaling the start of classes.

Bakugou Katsuki was late, just like every other day. Izuku didn't seem to mind though, the less he's around the better.

He finished cleaning off the words just as the teacher began to discuss their lesson today in class. They just had to write a short 500 word essay about what hey would like their job to be in the near future. Simple for everyone, that is everyone but our dear Izuku Midoriya.

He didn't know what he wanted to be. He gave up on being a hero 2 years ago, the start of middle school when he finally got hit reality. And boy, did he get hit hard.

He quickly learned that nobody really cares about you unless you're on top. Unless you have a useful quirk. Izuku, being one without a quirk was quickly cast aside like garbage. No one would give two shits he he dies, and Izuku was somehow comfortable with that. He didn't know why though, he just was.

Probably because he really didn't want to cause anyone the trouble of mourning him, the only one who really cared is his dear mother, Inko Midoriya.

She would care if he came home with bruises. She would care if he was crying. She would care if she found out he had no friends. She would care, she would care, and she wouldn't stop.

That one flaw lead her straight to her early grave.

She killed herself, she couldn't handle the stress anymore, it was too much for the poor woman to bear alone. Now he lives with his father, don't get Izuku wrong, the man was very kind. Izuku just couldn't help but feel that the man felt uneasy when Izuku was around.

Izuku snapped out of his thoughts and began to scribble down nonsense until something popped up into his head.

A Donut + Coffee company. That sounded nice, he'd like to own a company that makes donuts and coffee.

The greenette, now filled with some sweet determination began to aggressively scribble words onto the paper.

He didn't notice it, but Bakugou was staring at the boy with a unreadable expression.

Before he knew it, Izuku easily reached beyond 500 words on his paper and somehow got to 700 before the lunch bell rang, having the students walk out of class to the lunch room.

Everyone except for Izuku Midoriya, of course.

He had stopped going to the lunch room since 6th grade. He couldn't handle his lunch being stolen, tripped, having milk poured upon his head, and don't forget about food being thrown at him while his classmates laughed at him. Bakugou would always laugh the loudest and then he would throw cartons of milk at the greenette.

In short, he hated  the lunchroom and couldn't deal with it at all. So he always ate on the roof alone, just the way he liked it.

He silently opened his lunchbox and began to eat his food quietly, occasionally humming along to a song.

Once he finished his lunch, he quickly went for his paper and quickly wrote something before shoving it in his bag to grab something else. His phone, before he checked if anyone was there, he went to Spotify and played his favorite American song artist, Jack Stauber.

He learned English at 5 years old, because his mother wanted him to learn at least 1 foreign language.

He was happy he learnt it, because it made his mom happy.

He scrolled down his screen trying to find his personal favorite song of Jack Stauber's. He suddenly stopped scrolling when he saw it, a tiny smile found its way onto his pale face.

He clicked onto it and laid down onto a bench, and closed his eyes as he listened to the lyrics.

"♪No flight tonight on Red-Set Airline.. Although the flights were meant to be. There was an accident. All of the meanings bent. And the 45 crashed into the sea..♪"

Just before the song could continue, Izuku heard the bell ring from inside of the school, he hurridly turned off his phone and followed everyone (from the back) to their classroom.

The greenette sighed heavily as people threw insults at him, it looked like he had lost all care for the world on the outside, but inside he was honestly hurt by those words.

-☕-