- 『A』『n』『t』『h』『r』『o』『p』『o』『p』『h』『o』『b』『i』『a』 -

Chapter 6 of Coffee & Murder at 3:00am

Word Count : 1,139

Image Credit : Myself

Date Posted : October 7th, 2020, Wednesday

!!WARNING!! This chapter may include character deaths and gore, please read at your own risk!

-☕-

AllMight had just left before the heroes were alerted of the greenette's presence under large fallen debris, and they couldn't get into contact with the man. The heroes had no idea how to a get person, let alone a child out of this mess without more help. They stared the boy in fear, pity, and guilt as DeathArms quickly dialed more ambulances and requested backup.

Izuku breathing quickened as he now felt the pain in his system fully register.

It felt like his entire lower body and his arms were on fire.
He could hear the panicked voices of the heroes trying to reassure him that everything would be okay, but Izuku couldn't quite hear it, everything just sounded so foggy...

He felt his eyelids droop as the heroes were now basically begging him to stay awake as the tried there best to move the fallen debris off of the greenette.

The civilians could only stare in horror as a child could be dying in front of them, and they couldn't do anything.

He just felt.. So tired.
Just five minutes..
Mom and dad'll be sure to wake him up sooner or later..
Right?

Izuku could no longer hear the heroes, only his thoughts.
He was really tired, his eyelids began to droop further, he felt someone trying to keep him awake by squeezing his shoulder and saying something to him, . But he couldn't hear them.

He relaxed as he felt the pain begin to ebb away, he gently closed his eyes as a soft smile appeared on his bleeding face.

---

The heroes were now freaking out and are forcing the civilians to leave, and if they wouldn't they would arrest them. The child was their number one priority at the moment, and that same child could be dying right now.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, the child that the heroes had rescued from the sludge came running through the crowd towards the greenette who was pinned. Tears were flowing from his narrow eyes as he shouting any curse he could think of.

The heroes were in shock for around two seconds before turning to yell at the boy to stay back, and that this was dangerous, but the ash-blonde ignored them. He somehow had managed to swerve through the heroes, and started helping them take of bits and pieces of debris, before Kamui Woods dragged him away, the ash-blonde screaming with tears running down his face the entire time.

The backup and ambulance finally arrived after Kamui Woods had dealt with the cursing child by knocking him out and giving him to the police to take care of.

The backup they requested consisted of: Fatgum, Present Mic, and Thirteen. (All of them were going to have lunch t McDonalds when they were requested)

Backdraft had come back to give them a quick report of the situation, apparently Kamui found 2 people, both of their status's unknown at the moment. The heroes took the information in as they waited for the wooden hero to return as they desperately helped the child pinned beneath the debris.

Thirteen started off with taking care of the most heavy of the debris on the child, a large chunk of the roof and a metal pole that was pinning down his arms.

After that, it was much easier to get the child out of the rubble and give him to Fatgum to hold. As the hero rushed to ambulance, limp child in arms, he saw Kamui carrying another body that looked like a carbon copy of the child along with a burnette girl.

Fatgum felt his stomachs sink when they saw the green-haired man in Kamui's grasp. The man wasn't breathing.  He quickly turned the child to the paramedics and rushed to get the girl from Kamui.

Why, why, why, why, why couldn't we save him? I let that boy's father die. It's my fault. my FAULT. Fatgum returned, only to find Kamui putting the man into a yellow bodybag. Fatgum couldn't bring himself to look at the injuries the man had substained.

Present Mic was looking around places, checking if any people had been stuck underneath the rubble that they hadn't noticed, while Thirteen was cleaning up most of the dedbris and Backdraft was putting out all of the fires. DeathArms was with the ambulance, probably worried about the child's condition.

(KAMUI WOODS FIRST PERSON POV)

(when he found Hisashi Midoriya and Uraraka)

Lord thank Backdraft for getting rid of the fire or I'd be totally useless in this situation.. I swing around the area, making sure if there's anyone else here.

After about 1 minute of swinging around, I see a small frail hand stick out of under some rubble that can easily be removed. I hop down there and start shoveling where the hand ended, leading up to a bruised, bloody arm that was attached to a young girl around 15. I frowned under my mask, no one should have to go through this at her age. She's knocked out, but a feel a pulse.

I start to shovel ore around the area, just to make sure. I have the girl wrapped around my wood so she doesn't accidentally get hurt while I'm not looking. After 30 seconds, I start to see the tip of a finger.

I quickly report that I found two people, both of their Status's unknown.

I quickly start to dig, ignoring the ache growing in my arms. There's someone I need to save, this person might have a family to go home to. I soon start seeing there arm. I-It's bad.

I can actually see th-the bone peeking through his flesh. I keep myself from barfing inside of my mask as I begin to dig deeper into the rubble, hoping to find this person alive.

As soon as I get this person out, I noticed that they look like a carbon copy of the child who's trapped near the others. The only difference is that this man's hair is matted with his own blood, his forehead is bleeding, and that he probably will never be able to walk again based on the state of his legs, which are basically pancaked underneath a metal pipe. I cringe at the sight, but quickly move the pipe with some of my branches.

I can tell he won't make it as I swing through the place towards the others, I heard we finally received the backup that we requested.

When I make it back, I see they got the boy out of the debris and being loaded into an ambulance. I hand the girl over to a random hero on the scene and check the man's pulse.

He's dead.

Oh my god. I've been carrying a dead body this entire time without even noticing it! What kind of hero even am I?!

-☕-