Chapter 29- "Meet my Mom" Part- 2

Liliana-

By the time the plane landed, I was shocked that I hadn't passed out already. From the moment I agreed to meet Frantz's mom, I felt as if my brain was lacking oxygen. I was a nervous wreck. My palms wouldn't stop sweating, and my stomach felt so uneasy, I couldn't even blame it on the plane ride. My heart was thumping in my ribcage harder than a fist pounding against a wooden door. My breathing was a bit unsteady, and as a result, my entire body was on edge. Through the entire ride, I pretended to read my book so Frantz wouldn't worry, but my eyes often stared blankly at the page, barely understanding a simple sentence. 

When Paul announced that we were landing, I almost screamed. 

Frantz was being a gentleman. He led me out of the plane, and waited for me to get in the car before he got in. When we sat, the closer we drove towards the city, the more nervous I became. Frantz was preoccupied with work, and I kept playing with my fingers, and pretending to be busy by looking out the window. My throat was so dry, yet I didn't want to drink too much water, only for my bladder to act up while having lunch with his mom. It didn't even occur to me to call my parents until now, but I decided to leave that for later. 

Unable to stand the bothersome silence much longer, I took in a deep breath before speaking.

"So are we having lunch at a restaurant or...?" I trailed off, as I decided to create conversation just to take the focus off my nerves.
"Well mom initially was going to have food prepared, but then she realized that she didn't know what you like to eat, so, yeah we're meeting at a restaurant." Frantz clarified, then he frowned and asked carefully, "are you sure you're okay?"
And with a quick nod and a, "Mmh hmm," I looked away.
Frantz smiled, and said, "I'm telling you, there's no need to worry, my mom is going to love you." And I simply smiled, breathing shakily, because nothing was going to ease my nerves at this point.

It didn't take long for us to pull up to the restaurant, and when I saw the name, my jaw fell to the floor. Angel's Palate. How ironic.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. This was the exact same place that Carlos brought me for our first date, and now just being here, caused my nerves to melt away, only for a sense of unwelcomed Deja vu to fill my body. I could feel the blood drain from my face when the car pulled up to the valet, and the door opened. 

This was all too much. There was the stress of the dream I had about Frantz, then the nerves of meeting his mom, and now, I was to have lunch in a place that did not hold the best of memories. The thought that I was once brought here by a maniac caused my mouth to turn sour, and I felt nauseous and cringed at just how naïve and vulnerable I allowed myself to be.  

I gulped. 

Frantz exited the car after me, and he placed a hand on the small of my back, causing my face to flush with a blush as I looked down nervously. His warm palm against my skin sent a shiver up and down my spine, as a sensation heated my body from head to toe, and the memory from my dream powered through my brain like a flying bullet. 

Oh I was in trouble.

Frantz kissed my temple as he asked softly, "Are you ready?", and with a shy nod, I said "ready." I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eye, and all I could think about was his warmth against my back. However, as soon as he took a step towards the door, I exclaimed, "wait!" 
He turned and looked my way quizzically, and I sighed as I decided to do something riskier than dating my boss. I pulled him close as I brought my lips towards his ear and I whispered, "the reason I've been acting strange is because I had a certain dream about you last night." Then I pulled away, feeling a certain amount of weight lift off my shoulders. Now it was Frantz's turn to feel uneasy. Call me evil, but I suddenly felt much better.
Frantz blinked in surprise as he looked away then asked quizzically, "what kind of dream?" But I didn't reply, instead I simply shrugged then smiled as I began making my way inside, and he had no other choice but to follow after me.