💖 a letter for you 💖

random AU where Mitsuba isn't one of the seven mysteries and him and Kou are friends. Also Kou isn't an exorcist in this story

Dont be fooled by the title btw, this is lowkey angst. Sorry guys, you know I had to do it eventually 😔

ALSO AY HAPPY 40TH CHAPTER!!! the request page doesn't count as a story lol

Thank you guys SO MUCH for your support, I appreciate it more than anything, and I love reading your comments! Now, enjoy the this small sad oneshot!!! <3

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Dear Mitsuba,
I love you.
Blunt and straight to the point, I know, but what else am I supposed to say? I love having you by my side. I love your cocky and annoying personality. I love how your pink hair moves when you walk. I love how your eyes shine in the sun as you talk about photography and the things you love. I love how you joke around with me. I love you. Everything about you. I adore you Mitsuba. When will you ever notice it? Remember when we walked around in the park, me by your side as you took pictures? Remember your perfect smile when I always ended up photo bombing them? I sure do. All I need to do is see your smile when I'm having a bad day. All I need is to hear your voice. All I need is to see your cute face. You're so mesmerizing. Your pink eyes, hair, that birthmark under your eye, that sweater you wear everyday, the camera you always carry with you. Even that "lame-ass earring". You pull it off perfectly. Don't even get me started on your voice. It's so annoying. So high-pitched. Yet, why is it every time I hear you I don't want you to stop talking? It's music to my ears. You're so adorable. From the way you nervously move your camera around with your fingers. From the way you close your eyes and try being mad when you're embarrassed. Even when you try pretending not to care about me. It's so adorable. You're so adorable. I remember those times you thought that I didn't care about you. Well guess what? I do. I always have. I always will. Even when we get into stupid arguments I never stop caring a bit. You're everything to me Mitsuba. You're my everything. Well, I can't really say that now, can I? I'm too afraid to make a move. I always have been. Yet, I'll never stop loving you. I'd never even think about it. Yashiro-senpai knows it. Amane-kun knows it. Aoi-chan knows it. Hell, even Yamabuki, Satou, Yokoo, EVERYONE knows it. You're the only one who's always been blind. I love you so so much Mitsuba Sousuke. You're imperfections are what make you perfect, and I've never met a human being as cute as you. That I know that you know. You know that you are adorable, and I love that about you. It's so absurd yet cute. You're cocky attitude is so stupid yet adorable. I don't know who made your ego so big, but that's what makes you funny. That's what makes you enjoyable to be around. That's what makes you you. I will always love you Mitsuba. Too bad I can't make a move now though, huh? You're gone. Gone for good. It hurts. So bad. So very bad. I was a coward. I am a coward. I miss you every single day. Regretting the decisions I never made. Remember when we went to the movies with Yashiro-senpai and Amane-kun? I wanted to hold your hand oh so bad. But I couldn't. How would you have reacted? Surely you'd never be interested. Too bad I could never stop loving you. I can't. That's what makes it hurt. That's what makes this hurt. The pain is unbearable. I just want to see you. I want to be with you. One last time. My fingers intertwined with yours. Your face hiding away in my neck. My arms around your waist. Your lips against mine. Things that we could never experience. It's too late. It will always be too late. I blame myself everyday. I hope I made your life worth living. That's all I've ever wanted. I adore you so much Mitsuba. I will never stop adoring you. I will never forget you either, not for a second. Tears are flowing our of my eyes as I write this. I miss you. I need you. I love you.
-Kou

Kou dropped his pencil on the floor, his heart full of despair and sadness. He could no longer do such simple tasks as write anymore. He wanted to forget everything, but he knew he never would. Mitsuba would always be a faint memory. So he sat there, his eyes getting puffier by the minute as he desperately prayed the feelings he was experiencing were just a long dream. It was not.

"I love you too."

Kou quickly turned around, wondering what that voice could have been. Had he gone crazy? His field of vision was blurred by the tears pouring from his eyes. He wiped them away desperately, trying to see clearer and clearer, just to find nothing waiting for him.

of course. of course it was nothing.

——————————————————————————————————

A/N  - Bruh someone somewhere said Mitsukou was the definition of angst and I'm not an angsty person but the more I thought about it the more I realized how true it was so like hufhdybfyehudhhudhuejuehudhuwhudhuhuhhudheu have this writing lol

Sorry if I made anyone sad with this,,, I made myself sad too lmfao qwq

anyways have a great day everyone!! Knowing me, there'll be more fluff in no time úwù

Word count
-813