Chapter Twelve

Jones-

I woke 5:30 in the am , for a morning jog. Upon returning a hour later i surprisingly found Sarah woke and ready to go. Dressed in dark blue jeans and a short sleeve red sequence blouse, she sat on her bed on her cellular phone. With i went to my room and got dressed and made my way back to her hotel room next door. I checked my watch and asked, " you know its only 9:00, the fundraiser is at 12,"

"Yea, but don't we have to arrive earlier, so we can be the first there?" she asked in return.

"Yea, like 10:45 early, not 9:00 early." I answer with a chuckle.

"Well at 10:45 ill be here," she sighs. " And ill be ready," she than add shortly after.

"What are you gonna do in the mean time?" i asked.

"Unpack, Watch YouTube, Nap?" She shrugged lying on her back, tapping the screen of her phone. 

"Alright I'm going to go make some calls be right next door if you need me,"

----------A Hour And Forty Three Minutes Later

After calling a car to pick us up i walk over to Sarah's door and rap on her door till she opens it slightly disoriented.

"Come on cars downstairs," I beckon her walking out the door, as she follows behind. After fifteen minutes of driving we arrive at the gala where the fundraiser will be held. I check  my wrist watch 11:03. 

When the door opens i look up to see Jean Nehru 'The driver' opening the down, when Sarah gets out i jump out beside  her muttering a thank you to Nehru as i power walk to the entrance.

When we walk in i see Sarah's face drop as she notices the hundreds of people already there. I push her a little and tell her to go mingle, but quickly pull her back, when i see her reach into her pocket to retrieve her dreadful mobile device.

"Hand it over," i demand sternly, she sighs and quickly surrenders the phone and walk over to a group of people. 

-----------

After two hours of mingling and slight advertising, the host was ready to announce how much money had been raise.

"Firstly, thanks you all for showing up and supporting ACMH (American Children Medical Health)," he began.

"Even if you didn't donate, your support has been help enough. Okay now to announce the raising.... Today we have earned........ Forty Three Thousand Dollars! Toward Children health!" He cheered, as did i and everyone in the room.

We stayed for another fifteen minutes until i called Sarah over to leave. Just as we stepped out the entrance door Nehru pulled, and we got in and drove to to an expensive Italian restaurant to meet with the make-a-wish  representative. As we stepped out the aroma of buttered pasta filled my nose. Just the smell made me fill like i had gained two pounds.

Upon entering you got a glimpse of the white and gold Paris themed restaurant before a Hispanic lady asked if we had a reservation. I smiled ans replied "Jones Rams," she scanned a list that she held in her hand and than led us to a table with a slim nerdy looking young man.

As we sat she then informed us that a waiter would be with us shortly.

-------------

After an hour of telling the representative of her story he had agree to give both of Sara's friend a wish and said he would call up OWN to see if they would like to air it on there channel. We than left and headed back to the hotel room exhausted not specking one word to each other when went our separate ways into our separate rooms.

------------- Two Days Later

Today was finally the day. Sarah was in her dressing room, getting ready for the show as i stood outside of it waiting patiently. When the door opened, the hair stylist, make-up artist and clothes stylist, quickly scurried out the room. I was about to compliment her but the stage manager quickly ushered her on stage. 

So i just decided to wait for her in her waiting room. Just as my bum was about to hit the chair a loud ringing went off. At first i thought it was some kind of alarm, until i located the sound was coming from her cell phone. I quickly answered it with a hello.

"Um, Sarah?" The unknown caller asked concerned.

"No, Jones," i replied "Sarah is busy right now but I can take a message," I added. 

"Oh, your the manager?" the unknown male questioned.

"Yes, I am," i informed him.

"Its Uno," Uno finally announced.

"Oh, Hello Uno," I greeted him surprised. "I thought you were in a coma," I added concerned.

"The blood came in earlier than expected," He informed me. "But, can I talk to you about something unrelated to my health," He requested.

"Yes, of coursed," I agreed.

"Well, before Sarah left i tried to give her  my diary but she just ran out, I was wondering when you came back could you find someone to publish my book, i wanna get rich and move mama out the slums,"

"We will see,"  I answered suprised and hung up with a bye. I could imagine the money now. 

Justice- 

I made my way down the corridor to visit Uno, As I was about to enter I heard Uno talking to someone so I listened intensively.

"Oh, your the manager?" 

"Its Uno,"

"The blood came in earlier than expected,"

"But, can I talk to you about something unrelated to my health," 

"Well, before Sarah left i tried to give her  my diary but she just ran out, I was wondering when you came back could you find someone to publish my book, i wanna get rich and move mama out the slums,"

I than walked in after hearing him sigh a goodbye.

"Hey," I greeted him. He looked up startled but quickly recovered and flashed me a polite yet concerned smile.

"Hey, You alright?" He asked.

"Yea, yea, it was only a mini cooper," I lied. He bought it thought a gestured toward the seat next to his bed. So i sat.

"So, I heard what you were saying on the phone, and i want in,"