Chapter Three

Justice-

I sigh annoyed as Cory Roberts tapped my shoulder yet again. I turned around to face him for the third time this period.

"What!" I whisper-yell annoyed, I gave him a pen, I gave him three sheets of paper, and the gave him the answer to number 3, What more can he possibly what from me?!

"Nathan said give you this," Cory said handing me a slightly crumbled ripped piece of blue lined notebook paper. I instantly grew nervous. Nathan is thee most gorgeous guy in Jeeves memorial high school. At 6'4 Light caramel skin and curly chestnut brown hair. What would he want to tell me? I smile politely reaching for the note. I steal a glance from Nathan and he gives me a quick wink, instantly I felt butterflies.

I turned around and buried the note in my khaki pocket and made eye contact with the teacher, pretending to be fully engulfed but in reality I was absolutely bored out of my mind. Once the bell for lunch rang I ran out of the classroom straight to the little ladies room and sled to the second to last stall. Nervous yet excited I leaned against the wall and dug in my khakis till I felt paper, I pulled the note out my pocket anticipation killing me.

It Read: Sit with me at lunch?

....

Sarah-

After Uno ate dinner he messaged me back, but I was unfortunately I was asleep. Once I got up to clean my itchy stub, I of course checked my phone and saw the message I replied and went back to lay down, but my phone vibrated against my wooden nightstand. Surprisingly he had been up, and since 5:47 am we had been messaging back and forth it was now 7:32 and I had to get up and go to school I dreadfully ended the conversation. Knowing I had till 8:00 to shower, Get dressed, eat, and get to school I hurried into the shower.

By the time I got out it was 7:45 so I just threw on a olive green sundress and a very long sleeve black cardigan long enough to cover my foe hand. Having less than 7 minutes to get to school I skip breakfast and ran out the door yelling a bye to my mom.

Feeling the early winter weather I dreaded my decision to put on a sundress as well as leaving out with a wet bun. Rushing down the three blocks it took to get to Jeeves memorial high school I still manage to get there late.

I sighed as I walked to the tardy line with only two people in front of me I had hope that I could still make it to class in time to get breakfast. Instantly I felt arms around my waist and a kiss on my neck. My annoyed attitude was quickly switched with an excited one. I turned to find my best friend Nathan grinning. Last summer I had expressed to Nathan my wanted to be more than friends but was quickly shot down because I was like a sister. Things had been awkward ever since but recently have been going back to normal.

I pushed him away "Don't you have some homework to do?" I reminded him. He than pulled out lasts night geometry home work and started scribbling answers down.

"Room?" Ms. Bricker asked impatiently.

"308," I replied.

" Name?"

" Sarah Lee,"

She jotted something down in the attendance book and handed me a Hall pass. As I walked toward geometry I could hear Nathan say

" Ms. Bricker I'm late everyday' You know my name!"

I chuckled lightly as I walked into class, I ran to the breakfast bin.

Thank goodness! There was just one muffin left. Out of nowhere a brown hand swooped up the muffin. I looked up to see a grinning Justice.

" Prosthetic hand gotta be quicker, " she teased.

I walked back to my seat defeated. Than Nathan threw me a granola bar with a note attached.

*Revenge?* he wrote.

* Revenge!* I wrote back. And than took a large bite of my granola.