Chapter Eleven

Sara- 

She said all the right things, made calls to all the right people, and contacted all the right organizations, and soon we were just $1647 dollars away from our twenty-five thousand dollar goal. Even though its been only three days since the interview, Jones Rams already wants to send me to harpo studios in Chicago, Illinois for the Oprah Winfrey show. Even though I'm excited, she says we have to leave in three days but Uno's surgery is in four days and justices will get her surgery done when i get paid after i do the show.

Through all the excitement, and preparation i still mange to visit Uno every single day, a hour before visitor's hours end. I just sit and talk to him, as if hes not in the predicament that hes in. Here i sat once again, telling him the excitement that today held when all of a sudden i hear a sharp SLAP! like something heavy just hit the floor, and there on the floor i discover Uno's Journal. I look at him, standing i stand closer to his side to see if he has woken, but he lay still.

I grabbed his hand and asked "Are woke?" I feel a huge grin on my face when, he lightly squeezes my hand, I ran so fast in to the hallway shouting, "HE'S AWAKE! DOCTOR HE'S AWAKE!" until a herd of nurses quickly walk-run to his room. I excitedly look through the glass door, until one nurse rushed me back to the waiting room, and quickly retreating back.

---------Eleven Hours Later

I shake violently and involuntarily, scared i open my eyes to see Uno's mom sporting a giddy smile.

"Wake up, we can go see him now," Those are the only group of words that I've been waiting to hear, i jump up and jet pass Uno's mom and the double doors being held open by a doctor, i take a right and bust into Uno's room, there he was eyes wide open. I wanted to embrace him, to hug him but i had only known him for a little over a three weeks now. I than just decided on holding his hand and sitting by his bed side.

I looked up at the young doctor, hoping to find out more about his state. As if reading my mind the doctor asked if we had any questions  or concerns about his well being. Of course i piped up bombarding him with questions.

"what exactly happened just now?"

"is he dying?"

"does he need the blood sooner?"

"i Can make a call if you need more donors,"

"can i use your phone?"

"never mind wheres the patients phone?"

"wait you guys don't have Jones number,"

"where is my phone?"

"have you guys seen my phone?"

"Is this even about his blood?"

The doctor seemed confused but quickly recovered.

"which question do you want me to answer first?" He asked confusion still holding his facial expressions captive.

"never mind the others, i just want to know can he speak,"

" no but, he can point and grab. He loss so much blood that it temporarily paralyzed his whole body, which is a coma except that his senses weren't parlayed. He can still ear but not so well to talk to him in low but audible voices. Did that answer all of your questions, ma'am?" The doctored asked after informing us, even though all my questions weren't answered i nodded and smiled politely in appreciation.

Just as i was about to sit and talk to Uno, my ring tone for Jones quickly echoed throughout the hallway behind me. I walked out to go and locate where the loud annoying beeping was coming from. The sound got louder ,but i noticed it was coming from the opposite direction of which i was walking, it was coming from behind me. When i turned around i almost fell to the floor.

A big muscular man in maroon scrubs had his arms extended outward toward me, and in between his thumb and pointy finger was my coral iPhone 6 plus, i muttered a modest thanks And Answered the call.

"Hello," I answered excitedly, imagining all the famous people she was gonna to have advertise my book.

"Hay. gotta make this quick, run over and pack your clothes now! there's gonna be a storm tomorrow so we are gonna go to Chicago today, wheels up in thirty so ill send a car over it ll arrive in fifteen minutes. time is of the essence so MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!" and with that she hung up, and i quickly ran. i already had my bag packed just in case anything would pop up. Even though my house was just eight blocks from the hospital it felt like i had been run forever. I could feel the burn in my stomach, i felt like i needed a break but i knew if i stopped i wouldn't be able to move. So i pushed myself until i reach my greenish town house and quickly run up to the stairs to the porch.

I rung the doorbell five times and than collapsed onto the porch, and finally breathed. My mom swung open the door in a panic.

"Sarah, dear wants the matter are you okay?"  

"water...... and my..... suitcase," i manage to breath out, she quickly descended into the kitchen to retrieve my water. Than a black limousine pulled up and Jones ran out concerned, but before see could ask me anything mommy appear in the doorway handing me a bottle of Poland spring and said: "Help her to the car, ill go get her suitcase," 

Surprisingly Jones was strong for a "old lady," and carried me bridal style to our ride with absolute ease. we waited for two minutes for my mom to come down with my bag. Once we were packed and ready to go we drove off, i could hardly breath but this time it was out of excitement.

Three and a half hours later.

Jones-

I looked at Sarah as she stared at her hotel room in amazement. I interrupted her by saying: "Get some rest kid, even though you have three days till the Oprah Winfrey show, I got some work for you lined up tomorrow, Fundraiser at noon and dinner with a make-a-wish foundation representative,"

she made a confused face and than asked "Make-a-wish? why am i having a dinner with them?"

"Because, you friend are going to make-a-wish complimentary of you, and your book sales will triple," i explained walking out the room, and with a quick goodbye i made my way over to my room for some shut-eye, I'm so glad i dumped Lindsay to manage her.