Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ.

Good. That way less people will try to take you away.

Miles was sure that Iris didn't mean that in any type of way other than platonic friendship but for some reason his heart jumped the slightest bit. It was for barely a second but it still jumped and it felt weird kp he couldn't recall another time when it did.

Furthermore he felt happy. Perhaps, because now he had people who were afraid of losing him. People who wanted to have him close, people who clung to him or needed him.

It wasn't like that when he was a child. No one cared about him. The kid could disappear and no one would notice back then.

He tried his best to refrain himself from smiling and yet the corners of his lips titled up as he bent forward and ruffled the woman's hair.

Iris who hadn't been looking at him, gasped and turned to shoot him a glare as she slapped his hand away.

"Stop it, dumbass. It took me the whole morning to fix my hair."

Miles cocked a brow at her. "Who did you put so much effort for?"

"My sexy imaginary boyfriend." She scoffed. "For myself, who else?"

Miles chuckled, resting his faces on his palm and grinning at her. "You know you can be really adorable at times. Almost like an angry, cute kitten trying to scratch people all the time and failing miserably."

Iris scowled, not one bit flattered by his supposed to be complement and she was about to retort something back but the sight of Miles caught her off guard.

He looked different. Strands of dirty blonde hair stubbornly falling over his handsome, well sculpted face, a sweet smile lighting up his whole face, dimples on both of his cheeks making themselves known. Casual clothes sticking to his body like second skin. She feared she was going  to go blind if she stared at such a masterpiece longer than needed.

"Hmpf, you're not that bad Miles." She murmured to herself, realizing just now that her friend was indeed good looking.

She shuddered. God was so unfair. Giving good looks to people like Miles and Sawyer. The chances of them finding girlfriends and putting their good looks to use were lower than the chances of them turning into monks.

Iris could clearly see it. These two being highly dedicated monks in a far away, well hidden temple away from humanity, clad in Roman robes and their heads shaved clean.

Heck, if Zoe didn't exist, this would've probably been Sawyer's future career.

She laughed at her own imagination and Miles rolled his eyes, ducking her in the head with the files he had been holding.

"Stop thinking weird stuff, you little witch."

"I wasn't."

"You so were. It's written all over your face. You were most likely thinking of other ways to ruin my life."