Lᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴄʀᴜᴇʟ

Once upon a time there were two kids

Once upon a time there were two kids. There was a little girl with bright blue eyes and black curls of hair bouncing with her every move as sun seemed to follow her everywhere. And then there was a little boy with warm hazel eyes and even warmer hugs and rare smiles powerful enough to blind eyes and make people's days.

Unfortunately for the world the boy never smiled, he simply didn't know how to. He didn't know how to laugh, talk, offer hugs, cry. He had forgotten how to. He didn't know so many things to the point he resembled a lifeless puppet. Meanwhile the little girl was a small bubble of joy with smiles more addictive than any drug out there.

She was a ray of light, a bright, blinding, shining star still being held in the protective embrace of the sky while the boy was a star who had sadly long lost his light. He had fallen way too early from the safe skies into a cruel world. Alone. An easy prey for the animalistic beings who, surrounded in darkness most of their lives, gazed up at those shining little stars, craving their warm light.

The animals patiently waited for those small stars to fall one by one down on the dirty earth just so they could rip pieces of their bodies to satisfy their grotesque thirst. Those animals were always vigilant, never wavering their sight off of the stars while the stars weren't aware of the monsters lurking beneath them like predators.

How could they possibly notice them? It was way too dark down there. The world beneath then was cold, ruthless and dark.

Eventually just like our little boy, the little girl was forced to abandon her safe paradise when beasts corrupted her, causing her light, her innocence to diminish. Just like it happened in tales told during nighttime, the kids fell in the same place, destined to meet. Fate brought them in a kingdom where there was no light and you couldn't differentiate night from day. They were all alone in a world where mercy, happiness and compassion were myths, monsters were real and heroes existed only in books made for children's bed time stories.

Young, fragile and broken beings with no means of escape and no strength to protect themselves.

As soon as they were thrown on earth, they found themselves stuck in filthy cages, away from their safe paradise protected by barbed wire made of ignorance.

Every night monsters came to pay them a visit. These monsters were magicians, shapeshifters even, professional liars.

They hid their claws, true faces and evil intentions behind reassuring smiles and fancy suits. And the little kids were their play toys, the desperate mice running around blind, trying to find a way out of the giant labyrinth these monsters had specifically built for them.

Weren't they nice and thoughtful? Tell me! They surely were. In fact, they were so nice and thoughtful they didn't sink their sharp teeth on the pure, untouched flesh of their small prey at first sight. Oh no. Those monsters had a bit of humanity left in them after all!