00 : 04. Nᴏᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ɪs ᴀ sᴀᴡ-sᴄᴀʟᴇᴅ ᴠɪᴘᴇʀ

Santa Clara is a beautiful city, starting from the beautiful architecture to the peaceful roads and the many green spaces adorning the land. 

The city must be very proud of its magnificent churches— Our Lady Of Peace specifically. There used to be times, when Zoe felt the most hapless, she visited the place late at noon and had long conversations with the colossal lady made of whatever material statues were made of. 

How many people might have thought she had gone crazy while bumping onto her talking with a piece of stone? 

Her words must've ended up in deaf ears since those consultations with the statue were good for nothing.  God never helped her once.

After that, she'd visit the central park library and lose herself in the endless books occupying the massive, tall shelves. 

At that time she had no money and couldn't buy all the books she wished to have, however as a means to stay away from home as long as she could, she always ended up in that library, dreaming of all the books she was going to buy once she was grown enough and had more money. Her childish heart yearned for a library of her own, in her bedroom, on her own small but very bright, warm and silent home. 

What do you think? Was she asking for too much? Being too greedy? 

The  library stopped having the pleasure of hiding Zoe the moment Zoe found her hidden treasure— the latter being a smaller library, hidden in a narrow road. The road, from the outside seeming simple and just like any other road, hid what now was Zoe's magical getaway. 

Everything about the book store sedated her. She loved roaming through the maze of the wooden shelves while the smell of soap and detergent mixed with the sweet aroma of the cupcakes being baked next door graced her nostrils. 

Her hidden treasure was squished between even smaller cafes and bakeries resembling buildings made to take vintage pictures in. 

The road was abound in mossed old trees and the few same people walking with their pets, lovers or families- all carrying happy faces, all smiling, all laughing, all holding hands. None of them seemed lonely. 

"You're sad. Why are you sad? Did something happen during shooting?" Ice drilled holes into Zoe with his piercing stare. 

Zoe avoided his gaze. "What makes you think that? I'm not."

The man sighed and longingly looked at his coffee before drinking the dregs and preparing himself to order another one. 

Accompanying Zoe to shop for books wasn't how he had planned to spend his afternoon. The guy couldn't recall the last time he had the chance to take a peaceful and 8 hours long sleep. 

He was actually looking forward to today. After all the time spent in shooting, taking care of his mother and little sister and then studying till his brain finally went out of function, he had planned to spend the whole week with his cellphone turned off, his room locked and him finally enjoying a long awaited sleep. That until Zoe called him and destroyed all his plans.