She didn't return the kiss at first, but then she started to move her lips along mine, unsure but willing. When I felt her tongue slip into my mouth, I nearly came undone.

She doesn't know how sexy she is without even trying. Her body fit so perfectly in my arms as we held onto each other. If I hadn't kissed her neck, where her bruising was, who knows how far things would have gone.

She thought I was too drunk to know what I was doing. But I knew what was going on, and I wanted it and more. I'm starting to lose control when I'm around her.

But, I swear it felt like she wanted it and liked it as much as I did; then again, if she did, she wouldn't have left.

I step out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist. I make my way to the nightstand to take medicine with the water. My stomach is still tense from convulsing and all the dry heaving.

I look over the scattered, torn pages on my desk and near my wastebasket. I had tried putting what I wanted to say to Charmaine on paper last night, but that was just a fucking mess.

I'll have to catch her after her shift at the cafe; knowing her her mind has probably come up with all kinds of questions, worst case scenarios and who knows what else. 

I get dressed and eat the food on the tray, what I can anyway; my stomach still feels uneasy. I grab the tray and head down to the kitchen when I'm finished.

I walk in and find Carmela cleaning up from breakfast. "You're awake, amore." She walks over to me, reaching up, and I lean down as she grabs my face to kiss me on the cheek. 

She moves her hand to my forehead. "Are you feeling better, piccolo?"

"Yes, I am. Thank you for the food. It helped." I smile at her, finding her nickname, little one, amusing, considering she barely comes to my chest.

"Oh no, you need thank your girl. Charmaine made it and took it up this morning. She worried about you, amore." Carmela walks around the island and starts putting some pans away.

"She's not my girl, Carmela." I walk to the fridge to grab another water bottle to rehydrate myself.

"I see how you look at her; she your girl, John Paul. She needs a little push. Sometimes, we don't see what is before us." She tells me, smiling.

"We were practically raised like siblings, Carmela. She only sees me as a brother, or a best friend, at most. I don't want to risk our friendship for something that may not be real."

"You certamente not siblings. Just be patient. She is worth it, lo prometto." She hugs me and whispers. "Per favore ricorda, you can't drink problems away." She kisses my cheek and walks out. (Certainly, I promise, Please remember)

I sigh letting her words sink in as I make my way to the gym to find Joey. Even though I'm in no condition to work out, I tell myself it'll be good to get the alcohol out of my system.

<><><><>

"Oomph!" Joey grunts as I throw a sidekick connecting with his ribs.

"You know, for sparring, you seem to be throwing some extra force behind your hits, man." He tells me while grimacing, holding his side. "Which is impressive considering you're working off a hangover, too."

I throw a jab, cross, left uppercut, cross combination at him, exhaling through my nose with each hit.

Why couldn't I just tell her? I constantly tell her not to overthink things, and here I am doing the same damn thing.