I set the empty wine glass on the table with a thud causing Bianca to gasp in startled shock besides me.

"I deserve it for betraying her those years ago. But l can't bear the way Jane looks at me with hatred in those eyes," l muttered to myself , feeling my heart twisting in anguish.

"Then tell her the truth! Tell her why you had to deceive her back then," Bianca suggested.

I sucked in my breath and racked a frustrated hand through my black hair. I stared at Bianca with helplessness.

"I can't! I don't want her to suffer when she knows the bitter truth about her family . It will surely break her."

There was a knock on the door. Bianca went to open the door and Jane entered.

"Ferracco ! I have to speak with you ," she said in a wavering voice.

"Bianca , can you leave us."

Bianca shot daggers at Jane and then angrily strode out slamming the door on her way out . Jane walked in further into the room . l could sense her nervousness from where l sat.

"Ferracco l am really sorry. I found out afterwards that you intended to build an orphanage on that land but it was too late ."

Her voice was laced with sadness.

"I don't blame you for losing the bid. I am only furious that Claudius had to use you like that."

A look of fury crossed her beautiful features.

"Silvia threatened to fire Claudius if he did not win the bid. I couldn't let that happen to him," she gritted out through clenched teeth.

Blood fired in my veins . l clenched my jaw in fury. I couldn't bear to watch her defending another man in my presence. I got up from my seat and strode towards her.

Her dark eyes widened in panic . She began to retreat in backward steps until her back hit the wall and there was no where to flee. I placed my hands on the wall on either side of her , trapping her.

"And why is that , Jane?," l whispered as l tipped up her delicate chin so that her dark eyes were staring deep into mine.

Jane eyed me with defiance .

" Claudius was there for us when you abandoned me and your child," she said in a voice dripping with contempt.

Her words were like a bucket of icy water splashed all over me. I swallowed trying to suppress the anguish that was twisting my heart.

"I will never hesitate to ruin you again if it means saving Claudius," she hissed jerking me out of my thoughts.

Anger rushed through my system at her words.

"And now you feel obliged to repay him? Is that it? Claudius only used you to alleviate himself at work!," l blurted out.

The Brazilian fire in her leapt to her dark eyes and they were now burning in rage.

"You will not speak of him in that insulting manner! Claudius is nothing like you. He is a good and loyal man," she warned in a dangerous voice.

Blood pounded in my veins. A current of anger and possessiveness coursed through my veins.

How dare she sing praises of another man like that in my presence! I will show her who she really belongs to!

I cupped her rosy cheeks and kissed that cherry mouth. Jane gasped in shock and that earned me a golden opportunity to shove my tongue further into her mouth.

She struggled to get me off throwing fragile punches on my chest. At last she managed to roughly push me away . She then slapped me hard across the face.

"You bastard!," she cried out.

I grabbed her waist and planted a solid kiss on that gorgeous mouth again. Jane struggled in my arms for a while until she stilled and began to respond to my kisses.

Her lips parted under my probing tongue. Her lips were so soft and smooth just as l remembered. My other hand cupped her cheek and l deepened the kiss.

I heard her groan and she wrapped her slender arms around my waist. Our tongues fought for control. I finally tore my mouth from hers.

We stared at each other breathless. Her lipstick was smudged and her long blonde hair was in an entangled mess. My hands touched her blouse and l felt her stiffen.

I raised my darkened eyes to her silently asking for her permission. When she remained silent l took it as her consent and tore apart her blouse. The buttons popped and flew everywhere in the room.

Her skirt came flying across the room next until she was left standing in a matching white flimsy underwear . I swallowed at the magnificent sight before me.

She met my dark gaze . l saw my desire mirrored in her dark eyes and l knew she wanted me as badly as l wanted her. My mouth claimed hers again hotly and hungrily.

I scooped her up into my arms and deposited her on our matrimonial bed. Colour rose in her cheeks as she shyly watched me from under half lowered eyelashes as l stripped bare before her.

I joined her on the bed and gathered her into my arms. I tenderly kissed her again.

"Happy birthday , baby," l whispered in her ear as l claimed her.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment . Lots of love to my readers out there.