Chapter 52

FERRACCO'S POV

I wrenched open the front door and stepped outside, taking in a cleansing breath. I squinted my eyes against the glare of the sun. Reid was already waiting for me in the courtyard , my black BMW roaring besides him.

I strode towards him absentminded , with Jane's painful words still ringing in my head. I knew that she did not trusts me and that l had given her no reason to do so but hearing her confirm it with her mouth was like a stab to my heart. It pained me to see her eyes full of distrust as she stared into mine.

Jane believed that l had bragged about betraying her to Silvia. She didn't know that the memories l had spend with her six years ago were my most beautiful and treasured ones. Even Bianca , the only person l told my secret , was not fully aware of them.

To me , those memories were sacred and sharing them with anyone seemed like a taboo. So l had kept them hidden away , locked in a treasured part of my heart to cherish them forbiddenly.

And she thought l had given away those precious memories to someone like Silvia. Reid looked up when l arrived. He looked ready to faint with relief when he saw me. He hurried to my side and opened the car door.

I slipped inside and Reid went behind the driver's seat. He swerved the car out of the compound. The reporters were all over us as soon as the gates opened. They pounded on my window asking me to step down. Some daring ones threw eggs on my window tainting the window. Others blocked the road , hurling all sorts of insults.

"Mr Moretti is it true you robbed your wife of her inheritance?"

"Mr Moretti do you agree with the allegations made against you?"

"Is your true identity Ferracco Volcano?"

"How does it feel to bask in stolen money , Mr Moretti."

"Do you have any plans of surrendering yourself to the police?"

Reid managed to negotiate the car through the frantic and angry reporters. My head fell back on the seat with a sigh of relief once we passed the paparazzi. I was glad that Jane had remained in the house. Her heart would have broken all over again to have the paparazzi all over her asking offensive questions.

Jane's pale face flashed in my mind and I clenched my hands tightly in anger.

"I want you to sue that newspaper company for defamation," l ordered Reid.

Reid glanced at me through the rearview mirror. He looked hesitant for a moment.

"It's a new and unknown company. We have tried tracing it but it doesn't seem to exist. The newspapers were found scattered all over public places this morning but by the bulk of it , there seems to be a lot of money involved," he said.

I gritted my teeth. Only one person was capable of sponsoring this.

Silvia!

Claudius couldn't pull this stunt all on his own. I was sure Silvia somehow had a hand in this.