Chapter 35.

" You've kept this for too long, she needs to know the truth. So if you don't say anything soon, I'll be forced to do it myself." This is what I walk into, Aiden saying or ' warning ' someone over the phone this morning.

I watch him sigh before hanging up.

" Someone must have pissed you off this morning, huh?" I see him tense up from where he's standing.

He turns around to face me and I take notice of some deep emotion, crossing his face before it disappears.

" You're not going to school today." He suddenly says.

" But Aiden ----------"

" We need to go to the doctor and check if all is good."

" I'm all good now, Wesley took care of me." I blurt out, making Aiden to raise his brows while my eyes widen in surprise. " Uh, what I meant was ----------"

" I know what you meant."

" No, I didn't ----------"

" Chloe, I get it. Your friend helped yesterday."

" Right." I draw out the word slowly, hesitantly nodding my head, feeling unsure if Aiden is teasing or being serious. " Aiden, are you okay?" I finally ask.

" Yeah, why wouldn't I be?

" You just look like you have alot in your mind."

" It's nothing you should worry about. I'm okay."

Before I can say anything, we hear a knock coming from the front door. I watch Aiden leave to go answer it and I decide to make myself something eat.

By the sound of their voices and the other, belonging to a female, I know that it's Ingrid.

" Hey Chloe!" She says in passing, with Widen dragging her upstairs.

" Hey!" I respond.

I quickly finish with whatever I was doing before heading to the living room, preparing to lounge there for a bit, until we have to go see the doctor.

A message alert pops up in my phone, totally disturbing me. Checking my phone, I see that it's from Wesley, telling me that he's here. I frown a bit, being reminded that he doesn't know that I'm not going to school again.

C : I'm not going to school again.

W : I know.

My frown deepens and I wonder if Aiden told him. I decide to just invite him before he says anything, telling him to just enter because I'm feeling lazy to answer the door.

It's not long that I hear the door open and close, before the sound of footsteps close by. My heart jumps when a smile lights up his face, when he comes into view and sees me.

" You look so much better, I wonder why?" He says in a teasing tone, coming towards me.

" Hmm, I also wonder." I say, playing along.

I follow him with my eyes as he sits down next to me.

" Hey." He says, pushing hair behind my ear.

" Hey." I respond. " Tell me, how did you know that I wasn't going to go to school today?"

" Aiden told me."

" Are you best buds now?" I arch my brow.

" Are you jealous?" He wiggles his brows teasingly.

" No, just curious." I smile in amusement.