Maybelle sighed and glanced at the food place for one last time before walking after Tom while grumbling angrily under her breath.

Soon she realised that the boy was indeed heading towards the Mirk alley. He must have gone mental. What could he possibly want from that place?

She suddenly tripped on her shoelace. Suppressing a very dangerous curse word, the girl looked up only to see that Tom was not in sight anymore. She stood on her tippy toes to see any hint of some curly raven hair. She was already inside the dark alleyway and could feel the brooding looks coming from weird looking witches and wizards.

Few of them tried to pull her hair or touch her face. She either ducked or dodged them to avoid any contact. Soon the people started closing in on her. They were whispering some nonsense that she tried her best to block out.

A small yelp escaped her lips when a very scary looking witch jumped at her face, "You killed your father."

"What?" She asked in a weak voice.

"She will come for you," another one mocked.

The girl was pushed against a wall. The whispers were getting louder. She could make out a few words like- lake, blood, dark magic and murderer. All those words were directed towards her. She could not understand a single thing they were saying but she was scared. She felt helpless. Her hands clenched into tight fists and soon she could feel the dull pain in her chest. Her necklace was growing unbearably warm.

Her magic was rippling in her blood, ready to burst out and destroy everything in her way. She searched for an escape but could only see dirty grinning faces all around her.

They were jabbing their wands into her and scratching her face.

Among all the commission, when she was sure that she would die of suffocation, her eyes fell on a dark alley through the small gap between two wizards. The alley was a few meters away from her but she could see Riddle was being pushed against the wall, much like her.

But two large men had their wands pointing at him. They were ready to attack but Riddle was not doing anything to stop them.

Seeing such a thing, something snapped inside her. She suddenly stood straighter and fixed her glare upon the witches and wizards that were closing in on her. They seemed to notice her reaction and suddenly stopped whatever they were doing.

"Move. I need to save someone's arse. So, move before I blast yours," she ordered. Maybelle was surprised by the gravity of her own voice. The threat seemed to work like magic. They cleared her path and soon she was sprinting across the distance to rescue Tom Riddle from the big bullies.

They were certainly not prepared for a small girl to literally jump on them. Heck, even Maybelle didn't plan on jumping on two strong-looking men. But she did. And boy did she regret it.

With a war cry, the girl leapt into the air and tackled those men to the ground. Tom was stunned to silence once he recognised the tuff of messy raven hair.

She climbed off of them and pulled a stunned looking Tom towards a random direction. The boy didn't complain and let her drag him through different alleys. Maybelle could hear more men shouting behind them and trying to throw some curses in order to stop them. She skillfully dodged every single one of the hits.

Tom was still in a daze that worked for her advantage. But soon, she was met with a dead end. She looked around to see two dark looking antique shops but no narrow path to escape.

A total of six men came into view soon after. They had huge sneers on their faces. Maybelle noticed a slight glimmer around their necks. She squinted her eyes to inspect the necklace around their necks.