She looks so irritated with herself, that Varian instinctively reaches out to touch her shoulder. But he stops when the night is lit up with a huge beam of green light streaking directly up to the sky.

     "I think I found her!" Eugene shouts worriedly as they rush toward the light. They see Rapunzel standing next to a campfire, Pascal on her shoulder, with the cauldron Varian used earlier hanging over the fire. The powerful light is actually a glowing, neon-green liquid, and it is shooting out of the cauldron. And what's with the weird leaf hats that Rapunzel and Pascal are wearing?

     "Oh no," Varian says.

     That's when the cauldron falls over. The power of the blast emerging from it propels it forward and rockets it all around them wildly. It heads straight for Rapunzel, but Eugene, Cassandra, and Varian all three reflexively jump towards the princess, knocking her down and covering over her protectively. The cauldron zooms over their heads, and falls over the cliff behind them.

     The gang exchange confused glances with one another. They jump up, and look over the edge of the cliff. But the cauldron is nowhere to be seen.

 But the cauldron is nowhere to be seen

     "Where is it?" Rapunzel wonders. "It couldn't just disappear."

     Hook Foot appears next to them, looking nervous. How long has he been here? Varian thinks.

     The cauldron flies up from behind them, having made a complete loop. The others jump out of the way in time, but the cauldron crashes hard into Hook Foot, knocking him over and creating a cloud of dust all around them.

     "Oy vey..." Hook Foot says, the cauldron now stuck to his head, as the others cough while the dust settles. He pulls the cauldron off his head, and plops down on the ground.

     "You guys might wanna get a different recipe for spinach soup," Eugene says, his arm around Rapunzel.

     "Well, it was supposed to be a counter-curse," Hook Foot says.

     "Whatever ingredients you guys put in there, they must have triggered the explosive properties within my Flynnolium," Varian thinks aloud. When he realizes how quiet things have become, he notices that the others are staring at him. "What?"

     "You made more of that crazy-dangerous stuff?" Eugene asks. "And in that cauldron?"

     "Yeah, you never know when we might need it," Varian replies.

     "Question: Why didn't you clean out the cauldron when you were done with it?" Cassandra asks, sounding irritated. "It almost killed us!"

     "I-I don't know," Varian stammers defensively. "I was tired, and thought I'd clean it in the morning. Obviously, I didn't know these two were gonna try to cook up some kind of ridiculous potion in it!" He gestures to Rapunzel and Hook Foot.

     "Counter-curse," Hook Foot corrects. "Which now, thanks to you, we have to make again!"

     Rapunzel sighs. "It's no use, Hook Foot. There's only one thing left to do... Return the telescope to Madame Canardist in the morning and put an end to this curse." She begins to walk away from the group, defeated.

     "But that telescope is really important to you," Eugene says.

     "Eugene, my man," Hook Foot says, slapping him on the back. "If the lady wants to return it, let her return it."

     "Yeah," Cassandra adds optimistically. "We'll pitch in and get her a new one, a better one! One with... more glass."

     "You guys are still just worried about the stupid cur—" Varian starts to say, but Cassandra covers his mouth to shut him up.

     Rapunzel sighs again. "I'll take it back first thing in the morning... If I can even make it through the night." She begins to head towards the caravan, but suddenly stops in her tracks. "Oh look, a family of black cats," she says flatly. The others cringe as the cats begin to hiss and screech, and they help Rapunzel get away from the cats and back to the caravan safely.