Bloom in My Heart (2)

Midnight cracked her baton, as she called out.

"Representing the students is Bakugou from Class 1-A!" gasps rang through the huddled group of students.

"What? It's Kacchan?"

"Well, that guy did finish first in the entrance exam."

Bakugou's face was calm and void of anger, his hands stuffed in his pocket as he lazily made his way toward the stage. But when he reached the bottom of the stairs, his usually slouched posture had straightened out and a solemn gaze passed through his eyes.

'C'mon you gotta look good. They might be watching this.'

Tense anticipation strained through the throngs as Bakugou stood in front of the mic. He took a deep breath before opening his mouth.

"I just want to say....."

'Mom, Dad, are you listening to this?'

"I'll be number one."

'Did you hear that? I'm not going to let you down. I'll win, I'll win for you.'

Yells of outrage echoed through the crowd as students howled in protest.

"BOOOO!"

"So full of himself!"

"Get him off the stage!"

"BOOOOO!!!"

'Shut up, do you think I care what you extras think?'

"Why would be so disrespectful you're representing us all!" Iida frantically signaled.

'Disrespectful, tch- but... if this reaches more gossip magazines tomorrow then they might end up noticing '

~~~

The first task passed fairly quickly, and Bakugou growled in frustration. He wasn't first... shit....

When the second task rolled by and the copycat bastard tore the ribbon off of his head. Bakugou gave a cry of outrage chasing after him with all his might

"YOU FUCKIN' BASTARD!"

'You have to get it back. You can't let him beat you.'

Those mocking eyes of Monoma shone back at him. Those sneering purple eyes, fuck, everyone looked at him as if Bakugou was below them just because of how he talked. If it wasn't that it was fear as if he'd snap any moment like a rapid beast if they looked at him the wrong way.

And that pissed him off.

~~~

It was time for the 3rd round and Bakugou's fists shook in frustration. He hadn't gotten first yet, third, second, but still not first. They would never notice him at this rate.

The matches continued below him as Bakugou sat in the waiting room. His thoughts preoccupied.

~~~

Bakugou made his way onto the stage.

'Huh, so its Round Face I have to fight first.'

"WE HAVE OCHAKO URARAKA FROM THE HERO COURSE!" Present Mic announced. "She's the one I'm rooting for!"

'Tch- I don't give a damn who he wants to win'

"AND KATSUKI BAKUGOU ALSO FROM CLASS 1-A!"

Explosions echoed as Uraraka tried time and time again to reach Bakugou. And time and time again the ash blondie countered the brunette's attacks.