Frenzied (4)

Bakugou groaned as he slowly sat up, blinking away the sleep from his eyes.

The blondie had just woken up and the sunlight stung his eyes. He hissed in pain as his orbs slightly moistened.

Bakugou sluggishly turned to his bedside table, his eyes widening upon seeing the time.

[4:56 pm]

The memories from the previous day rushed back to him and Bakugou sucked in a breath in his surprise, before groaning.

"Shit...."

He had done the one thing he had sworn not to do.

Now everyone knew about what had happened. Not only that Bakugu had gone through a full-blown panic attack.

Dammit, he had acted so weak.

Bakugou cursed, before stumbling out of bed.

He clambered towards the door but idea of going out there prompted him to sit back down. Bakugou couldn't go outside right now and face his classmates.

Instead, he opted to lie back down, mindlessly staring at the ceiling and mulling over the situation.

How was he going to act?

How were they going to act?

Hours passed with Bakugou just lying on his bed, mulling over the situation. He had filled himself up that night with stale energy bars and a protein shake he found inside his room.

At some point, the blondie drifted off to sleep.  He'd be better off confronting the class later.

_ _

It was now Monday morning and his usual alarm he'd set for school rang throughout his bedroom.

Again, Bakugou got up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and getting ready for class.

His hand rested on the knob of his door before he took a deep breath and turned the cool metal.

The hours of contemplating on his bed from yesterday had brought him to a conclusion.

He wasn't weak, nor was he going to change because of some stupid panic attack.

Bakugou was going to be Number One, and something like this shouldn't affect him.

'I don't care what they think' Bakugou chanted inside his head. Hoping that if he thought of it long enough, it would take root and become reality.

'Strong people don't care what extras think of them.'

The blondie tucked his hands into his pockets and slung his bag over his shoulder as he stomped over to the common room in his usual manner.

But sometimes everyone wasn't just an extra.

_ _

Bakugou halted in front of the elevator as heads turned towards him.

A sudden silence had spread throughout the common room as the chatter was abruptly cut off.

Bakugou paused gazing across the room before huffing in anger. "Whatcha' looking at, losers?!"

He briskly walked over to where Sato and Momo were cooking breakfast as the talking slowly started back up, although it was noticeably softer.

"Would you like some toast, Bakugou?" Momo offered.

Bakugou merely hummed and grabbed a piece. He was about to sit down when Uraraka bumped into him.

"Oi, watch it, Pink Cheeks!" Bakugou growled.