༅ 1. The Doctor's Beginning

The Doctor's Beginning

Year 848

(a/n: This is Vanya Ronan hehe, she's Luculia from Violet Evergarden, in case you're a fan)

"My, little one, your chickenpox has completely subsided now!"

As she scanned the 8 year old boy's bare back for any signs of active chickenpox rash, Doctor Vanya Ronan smiled triumphantly whilst pulling the little boy's shirt down after seeing only specs of chickenpox scars littered all over the boy's skin..

"Really?!" The boy's eyes glistened with amazement, turning around to face his doctor after having his upper body examined.

"Hmmhm," Vanya nodded, endeared by her patient's innocent expression. "You can go now, and play with your friends again, Johnny."

Johnny gasped as if he couldn't believe the information that he was told. He looked over his shoulder to face his mother, who was already smiling down at him as if to confirm what the kind, and beautiful doctor just said.

"No more staying in that house of ours for weeks," The mother chuckled, whilst softly pushing her son towards the doctor. "Now, sweetie, what do we say to Doctor Vanya?"

"T-thank you, Doctor!"

"It's my pleasure, little-- oh!"

Vanya was cut off when she felt the boy strongly wrap his small arms around her skirt in an attempt to squeeze her into a hug. She could only giggle as she ruffled Johnny's blonde hair, "I'm going to miss seeing your adorable face."

The little boy looked up with a pout, his eyes threatening to tear up when tears started appearing, "I want to see Doctor again!"

Vanya's jaw dropped in astonishment, before breaking into another fit of giggles. "Oh, Johnny..."

She knelt down, wrapped her arms around Johnny's leg before lifting him off the ground. As Vanya hoisted the light boy effortlessly, the boy willingly steadied himself, snaking his limbs around her.

"Little one," She cooed, rubbing her nose into the boy's cheek.

"That tickles!" Johnny laughed.

"I better not see you again because it only means you're sick! I want you to be a healthy big boy, could you do that for me?"

The boy gazed at her, wide-eyed. He bobbed his head vigorously into a nod. "I will be a healthy big boy for you, Doctor!"

"That's the spirit!"

"Now, Johnny, how about you go to the waiting room outside, and wait for me there? Let's grab some snacks on the way home, yeah?" The mother beamed, watching her son perk up to the promise of snack that awaits him.