Fixing broken bonds

"Mitra! Did I tell you-" I continue to happily blabber on like I've been doing for the past couple of hours.

"Yes! Yes, you have" Jyesth Karn interrupts me looking at me like he's holding on to his last strand of sanity.

I smile, exactly the reaction I wanted! Honestly, he's so patient! I've been talking about dumb stories from gurukul for the last 3 hours non-stop. I mean even I was getting tired but he hasn't said a word! I don't show my glee though as I fake glare.

"Mitra are you tired of me?" I say trying to hold my laugh as I see his eyes widen.

"I- no ra- I mean Arjun..."

I burst out laughing. "How many times have I told you! I'm not gonna get mad!  come on I'm your friend!"

He glares at me.

I've been trying to get him to stop considering me a Rajkumar or someone who helped him and start actually considering me his friend since early morning it's almost noon!

"Arjun! Are you crazy! I've been listening to your dumb stories for the past 3 hours!! For nothing?!"

I laugh again I can see why deva and Nakul do this so often. It's fun! It's been so long since I've laughed like this... it feels like I'm actually a kid again even mentally.

Jyesth and I have been sitting out in the Archery area since the morning after we did our usual practice drills together.

"Jun Bhaiya!" Deva says running up to us.

"Pranipat Rajkumar" Jyesth says... formally! Again!

I sigh "Yes Dev,"

"Uh... i mean nothing happened I'm just bored" He says laughing

"Me too!" Nakul says coming up from behind dev.

I sigh again. "Is there a time when the two of you are NOT bored?!"

They grin "Nope! 24/7 bored souls," They say in unison making me chuckle, 

Jyesth Karn just looks at the whole exchange confused but also trying to hold a laugh.

You're gonna have to get used to this jyesth these two 'one of a kind dramebaz' are your anuj too I think to myself. He's gonna have a tough time in this family. 

"Pranipat Rajkumar Nakul" Jyesth Karn says

I look at Nakul giving him the 'you know what I want you to do' look

"Pranipat Mitra! And you can just call me Nakul!" Nakul laughs

"Yeah, and call me deva!"

"You both are bored right? Why don't you go help jyesth with organizing his scrolls" I suggest already knowing their reaction. 

"We're not that bored," Nakul exclaims

"Wow, Jun bhaiya you think Jyesth needs our help to organize scrolls? Can he not do it himself haww that's so mean!" Deva exclaims covering his mouth over dramatically.

Nakul bursts out laughing "Wow bhaiya... you're so mean!"

"How... literally how did you turn that one back on to me?" I say rolling my eyes.

"Talent!" Deva says laughing

"Hmm you're a bit too talented aren't you deva," Jyesth Karn says actually joining in the conversation

We all stop for a second...

He looks at us worried...

The three of us burst out laughing. "Yes! way too 'talented' in all the wrong things!" I yell

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment..." Dev says clearing his throat. 

"Kya bejati mari hai! (What an insult)," Nakul laughs.

"The three of you are here?!" Bhrata Bheem says coming up to us with a plate of ladoos.

"Wow... am I dreaming??" Nakul asks pinching himself.

"Huh? What happened?" Bhrata Bheem asks confused

Deva laughs probably already knowing what Nakul is gonna say.

"You brought us ladoo?!?" Nakul exclaims. "And you haven't eaten then them yet?!"

I burst out laughing and Bhrata Bheem glares.

"Are you done?" He asks annoyed

"Yes," Nakul says still chuckling

"So yes! I did bring you ladoo"

Deva coughs. "Wow... you brought us ladoo? Damn Nakul you're right! Wonders never cease"

Bhrata Bheem rolls his eyes again. "I didn't bring them for you two don't get too happy,"

"Hmm... we expected too much," Nakul says wiping a fake tear. Bhrata Bheem glares again, "Ok ok now I'm done!"

"I brought them for Mitra Karn!"

"What?" Jyesth asked confused.

"Uh... yeah. Actually I wanted to apologize for the kala pradarshan,"

I smile... Who would have thought that we can mend so much with just one small action? Who would have been lifelong enemies are apologizing to each other...

"You should take them Mitra... trust me very rare gift the three of us have never received such an apology!" I say in fake seriousness.

"Arjun you too?" Bhrata Bheem asks annoyed.

"Thank you, Rajkumar," Jyesth Karn says "But I don't need these ladoos you have them on my behalf"

"Wow... you are great Mitra! Letting go of such a chance I could never!" Nakul laughs.

Bhrata Bheem grins and happily eats his ladoo.

Deva rolls his eyes "I'm bored again"

"Here! Take the damn ladoo! Just end your boredom!" Bhrata Bheem says glaring at dev...

"It can never end..." Deva says nodding his head seriously.

"Guys you guys are still here?? Mata has called us in her chamber!" Jyesth Yudhishtir says interrupting our ever the serious and important conversation.

"Oh right!! Let's go guys!" Nakul says grabbing my arm before I can say anything.

"Well then I'll take my leave Arjun." Jyesth says

"No! Why don't you come with!" Deva says

This will be the perfect chance for Jyesth to meet mata! And hopefully a step closer to his truth! I think smiling

"Yes mitra you should come!" I exclaim.

"But how can I intrude i-"

"Oh come on mitra!" Nakul says dragging us towards matas room.

"Yes let's all go!" I say grabbing bhrata bheem as well or he'll just sit here eating ladoos

Jyesth protests at first but agrees after we practically drag him there anyway...

"Mata!" The 5 of us say when she opens the door.

She looks at us smiling and hugs us.

"Pranipat raj mata," Jyesth says coming from behind us.

Mata looks shocked and though she tries to hide it I notice the small look of guilt and plea in her eyes.

'Don't worry mata this time I'll make sure jyesth forgives you... forgives all of us and we can finally! Finally, be a happy family...'

Mata lets go of us and goes towards jyesth.

"Pranipat... Putra..."

........................................

Heyy guys!

I know I'm so so so sorry for the late update... I have no excuse but I'll update the next chapter soon 😅

Vote and comment!!
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖