Lakshagrah part 2

"Help!!" I hear Deva's scream ring through the palace, full of pure fear... I freeze a panic filling me. Jyesth Karn looks at me and without a single word, we both rush to the door throwing it open.

Fire... angry flames roared in the palace. Burning the walls and the ceiling... How?! It was barely even sundown! I was supposed to have time! I needed to warn them! There was a plan!! I had a plan! They have no idea this palace is made of lac! But my thoughts are pushed back as Jyesth Karn grabs my arm and we took off running.

Luckily the fire hadn't spread too far but it was spreading and quickly. We run towards the scream. Making our way through the halls Jyesth Karn right behind me, we finally reach the large doors leading to Mata's room where all my brothers were.

The doors were shut, we look at each other before banging on them trying to get them to budge but it feels impossible. They're stuck, I think jammed in something.

"Arjun?!" I hear Jyesth Yudhisthirs voice from the other side of the door.

"Jyesth!! It's me!" I yell back.

"The door won't budge Anuj! There's a pillar blocking us from reaching it! Dev is stuck behind the pillar!" He yells. My heart sinks. No! We were all supposed to be together when this happened. What if something happened to one of them?! No! No! I can't even think about that! Everything I came here to do would be pointless if something happened to one of them! Nothing is worth as much as their life!!

"Dev!! Dev can you hear me?!" I ask putting my ear to the door.

"Ye-yes... I- I can Bhaiya..." He says, his breath clearly heavy and I can practically hear the fear he's trying to push down making my heartache.

"Dev! Dev please! Focus! You have to open the door! Then Arjun bhaiya will take care of it ok?" I hear Nakuls gentle yet panicked voice through the door making me more and more frustrated that I wasn't there to help them!! I was angry. More at myself than anything...

"Dev! Thank god ok! Open the door!!" I bang on the door I said relieved yet panicky. I needed to get them out of here!

Dev doesn't respond, all I can hear is shaky clicks and the sound of panicky breath as he desperately tries to get it open.

"Dev! Open it!" I practically yell losing my patience! Why can't he open the damn door!!

"I- 'm trying..." I hear his voice crack.

"Well try harder damn it!!" The anger in my voice is prevalent. I couldn't see them but I could already imagine Dev flinching at the harsh tone. What was wrong with him damn it?! He's never been scared of fire! He's never been this scared of anything! I glare at the door, I wasn't going to let anything happened to them and right now Dev was gonna have to get over the damn thing and open this door.

"Dev!! For fuck's sake!!" I swore, banging on the door again. I with a clearer head would definitely not have done that but when there is fire, minutes away from burning my family alive, anger was necessary.

But even my yelling had no effect, Jyesth Karn grabbed me pulling me away from the door. "Dev! Listen to me ok? It's ok if you're scared! But you can do this come on! Just open the door..." He said trying to sound calm but anyone could sense the panic. 

After some painfully long... helpless seconds I finally heard the click and the door cracked open but only a little still trapped against the pillar. Dev stumbles out of the room, smoke dispersing from the small gap... it's not a lot, but it's progress!

I didn't even have time to glance at Dev before brushing past him to get the door open and clear enough for the rest to get out. I heard a faint mumble of Dev trying to speak but my head was running on pure adrenaline and fear... Jyesth Karn and I pushed at the door and I sighed in relief when I saw everyone was mainly uninjured.