||Chapter 32||

Tate

We stop in at a burger stop a few hours out of town and grab her a plain cheeseburger with Onion rings and bacon. Our driver Andre went for a smoke near the far side of the parking lot not wanting to disturb us. Normally I wouldn't mind but I didn't want him smoking around Elena. I get back to her as quick as I can with our chocolate milkshakes.

I get back seeing she had layed our food out on the hood of the car "Compliments to the chef" I say handing her milkshake to her "I'll take 5 Michelin stars please and thank you" she says taking her milkshake. I smile as her hair flows in the wind and her skin glows under the moonlight "Stop staring" she says catching me in the corner of her eye "Sorry" I say smiling as I steal one of her fries "What a great night" she says with a deep exhale "yes it was" I say agreeing with her "I've missed you" she says turning and looking at me "I didn't go anywhere" I reply causing her to raise her eyebrows at me "What?" I say wondering why she was looking at me like that "Then why haven't we spoken in the past how many months" she says folding her arms "I don't know I guess we've been busy" I say not wanting to tell her the real reason.

"Mhmmm" I all she says before continuing to eat her burger. I couldn't help but notice she kept randomly shivering "Here" I say taking my Jacket off and placing it around her "Oh no it's fine-" she begins to protest but I cut her off "just take it" I say shaking my head. We eat and catch up for most of the things we missed in eachothers lives over the past few months she tells me all about Livs ballet and we complain about how hard Bio was getting. She eventually ends up yawning more than she was talking plus I was getting cold as well so I call Andre over to take us to her house.

🚘
As we drive to her house it was about a two hour drive. 30 minutes in and she had already fallen asleep on me. The bumpy ride causes her head to fall on my lap I quickly prop her head up not wanting to wake her up. I wrap my arm around her to stabilise her and sit as she sleeps on my chest. The silence of the drive begins to get to me and I end up dozing off as well.
🏘
I wake up as we approach her street. I sit up and see she was still asleep. I smile at how cute she looked in my jacket. I laugh to myself as we approach her driveway. A mans voice sounds over the intercom causing me to jump "Tate Kerrington I'm-" im cut off by a large buzzing sound followed by the opening gates. Andre drives through towards the house.

We're met with four security guards. One of them flips his finger instructing Andre to turn the car off. Andre turns the car off and whines his window down. The guys approach positioning themselves in front of each door "Sergio sent us the car information before your arrival mind if we just run the plates and get some ID" the guys who said to flip the car off says in a monotone voice. Andre nods passing over his ID.

After a few minutes another guy walks over and whispers to the main guy "Okay everything's clear you may approach the house which is just up ahead" he says pointing further down the driveway "Thank you" Andre says nodding at the security before driving through to the house. We're met with more security at the entrance of the house.

I look down at Elena realising how important she actually was not only to me but to the world.

Her father was standing at the entrance of the house with the other security. I didn't want to wake her up but I didn't want to be rude in front of her father and carry her so I lightly shake her till her eyes blink open. She looks around and yawns before realising we were at her house "Ready?" I ask as she turns from the window to me. She nods her head and takes a deep breath. I quickly jump out and open the door for her. She glides out like a princess as she walks behind me towards her father "Sir" I say giving him a firm handshake "Goodevening" he nods his head at me as he lets go of my hand "Cecelia darling why don't you pop up to bed" Mr Karmichael says nodding at her "You look exhausted darling come on" he says moving for her to walk inside. Elena nods her her head still half asleep. "Night see you in the morning" she says before turning to her father "Night...Mr Karmichael" she says weirdly before walking off with my Jacket still wrapped around her.

"So...Tatum was it?" He says raising his eyebrows "Yes Sir" I say feeling weird hearing my first name and slightly honoured hearing James Karmichael say my name "The young gentleman I've heard much about from two of my favourite ladies the whole car ride home and now a glowing review from my third favourite" he says going from a glare to a smile "Walk with me" he says as the guards follow us into the garden lit by the glowing fountain and string up lights "Lilys doing" he says noticing my staring at the arrangement of the garden "I like it" I say genuinely amazed "And they like you" he says clicking his tongue "So what is it Mr. Kerrington...what about you is it that has my princess babbling about some potato my wife excited all hopeful and excited and my daughter stumbling up the stairs wearing your suit jacket" he says side eyeing me as we walk "I'm not sure what it is but I must be doing something right" I say wanting to sound confident in front of her dad even though I was shitting myself "I wish I had such charisma at your age then maybe I would've reached a million a lot faster" he says laughing "But really I'm glad especially to see Cecelia acting like herself around others" my eyes quickly shift knowing the way she was at the ball wasn't the real her "I don't mean at the event I know that's not her I meant the way she is with Liv the way she was when your mom talked to us on the dance floor the way she smiled when she said bye to you" he says probably catching me avert my gaze "I may not be around all year round but I know my daughter" he says doing most of the talking "I may not know you yet but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that is of course until my team get back to me with your file" he says winking to me as we emerge out of the other side of the garden "You treat her right" he says extending his hand "Yes sir" I say taking his hand "Enjoy the rest of your night" he says nodding at me before walking off with his hands in his pants pocket and swarm of security.