||Chapter 10||

Tate

Where the fuck was I? I look around the room confused as to whether I was still dreaming or not.

Why was I in this bedroom? How did I even get here? WHERE THE FUCK IS ELENA?

I rush out of the bed to see I was still in my clothes from yesterday.

Who the Fuck brought me to this house?

I pull out my phone to see it was dead "Fuck" I curse to myself running around looking for a charger.

I run into Rivers room knowing he probably had a charger lying around somewhere.

I run in scrounging around the room not caring if I made a mess or not.

I walk over to check if it was plugged into the socket by his bed when I see it.

Blonde hair. In his bed. In his T shirt.

This wasnt just any blonde hair. It wasnt the straightened over dyed blonde it was the natural wavy blonde kind. The kind I didn't realize had been surrounding me till last night.

I squeeze my fist so tight I'm surprised my palms weren't bleeding.

I angrily search the house for River.

I hear him whistling in the kitchen.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing" I ask fuming "Making pancakes" he chuckles and flips a pancake over "No I mean what fuck do you think you're doing with Elena" I say making myself clear "Who" he turns around and leans on the bench. "Elena" I shout at him. "Dude I must have hit you alot harder than I thought last night" he whistles and returns to flipping his pancakes.

Hit me in my head last night? Oh fuck thats why I had a head ache that he tackled me in the kitchen. Cheap shot.

"Why the fuck did you do that last night" I ask drifting from the fact Elena was asleep in his bed.

He drops the spatula on purpose and turns around "That fucking reminds me why did you do that" he says walking closer.

"Do what" wtf was his problem.

"I showed you her, I told you about her and you played dumb" he says facing me.

"What are you on about" I say as he makes my headache worse.

"Cecelia. I told you about her and all your concerned about is fucking Elena" he shouts in anger.

Oh fuck. Now I realize why she seemed so familiar. Elena was the girl from the island River had been obsessing over. So that was her first name she kept trying to get me to guess. Cecelia.

"Why is she in your bed and wearing your shirt" I asked in a hushed tone hoping not to wake her up.

"Because she needed somewhere to sleep" He whisper shouts also.

"Why couldn't she sleep in Isaacs room" I reply.

He looks at me with his eyebrows raised. Now that I think about it yeah I wouldn't want her to sleep in Isaacs bed either.

"Well fuck" I say leaning on the counter "Where did you sleep'' I lean on the bench accusing him without actually accusing him.

"In Isaacs room" he puts the pancakes on the table and licks the batter off of his fingers.

"Should I go wake her up" I ask now feeling bad about what I had done to my brother. Although it wasn't intentional it still looked that way.

I knew how he felt about her and how open he was about it. Which was weird. River has always been a private person ever since 'our father' left us. Technically it was only Rivers father. My dad died before I was born.

"Im awake" I turn to see Ele- Cecelia in a pair of Rivers shorts and his favourite little league shirt.

"So..." River says looking at her while he was still shirtless.

I clear my throat breaking him out of his trance.

I kinda felt bad or some what guilty for the way I felt about Cecelia or the way I was starting to feel about her. I knew no matter what she would never come between my brother and I.

"I made breakfast" he says shyly. I never saw this side of my brother. Usually he was a dick or being annoying. But he wasn't smirking at her he was smiling, he wasn't hitting on her he was giving her genuine compliments.

"Um" she looks over at the breakfast and then at River not even bothering to look in my direction.

"I just want to get home" she replies scratching her arm meaning she was uncomfortable.

"I'll drop you off" I quickly say before my brother could.

"I- um River could you take me" she says looking from me to him.

"Yeah sure" he says flicking off the stove and walking towards her "lemme just put a shirt on" he says before disappearing off down the hall.

"Why didnt you want me drop you off" I say hurt and a little jealous.

She doesnt reply she just looks down at the counter "Because last night you had a drink and what were you gonna do drive me home drunk? You know how I feel about drink drivers" she says raising an eyebrow.

I knew exactly how she felt and I drank anyways. It was one cup and I didnt even mean to. But all the alcohol she smelt on me was the one Erin had spilt on me when I was looking for Cecelia. I didn't drink. I would never do that to her.

"Elena I can explain" I say with sad eyes just as River runs out in his shirt.

"You ready" he says with a huge smile.

I hated how happy he looked. Not because he was happy but because I knew I was a selfish asshole if I took that away from him. Not to sound cocky but I could tell Elena was getting attached to me. I guess I should step back. That's what was best for everyone.

It was decided I would stay away from her although it'll suck seeing her run into someone elses arms it was fine atleast that was making her and my brother happy. Two of the most important people in my life, but if he ever hurt her I don't know what I'd do.

"Well uh bye" I say to her smiling "Bye Tate" she says tilting her head down as she walks out of the house.

I sit down at the table picking at the pancakes my brother made. Blah. I spit them out. They tasted like playdough cooked in an easy bake oven for 2 minutes.