||Chapter 11||

Cecelia- One week later

After that party i've been wearing my hair out and I took the jumper off. Most people think I'm a new student named Cecelia but those that were at the party (Which was half the school) knew it was me and continued to whisper and gawk at me.

Its was weird matching faces to voices after all these years.

Tates been ignoring my texts and I have no idea whether he was coming to the study dates we normally had on Fridays.

I walk into my Chemistry class for the first time this week. I've been avoiding going to English and Chem ever since that day...well ever since Tates been ignoring my messages.

I knew it was stupid but I became really insecure once he started dodging my texts. Was it because he finally saw what I looked like and thought I was gross or did he just not want to be associated with me anymore.

I've been avoiding River as well afraid of what he would say when he saw me again.

After our car ride on Saturday it was super awkward between us. Especially when I asked him to drop me off to my real house.

He apologised for what felt like a million years about how sorry he was when he snapped at me that day. Although I was still hurt I sorta understood why he did it not that it changed my opinion of him or his behaviour.

I walk in class to see Tate sitting next to an empty chair. I walk towards him with a smile. He smiles back but then his face drops and he turns his head out to the window. I stop short of his desk confused about what was happening. Did he want me to sit there or not?

I see Bianca walk up to his desk and ask something He looks to me then back to her, then shakes his head. After he shakes his head to her she smiles and sits down. I guess not.

I awkwardly stand there before rushing to my usual spot.

I sit down and get my book and pens out.

A familiar arm drops in the seat next to me. I follow the arm to the face that matched "oh" I involuntarily gasp. He was beautiful.

"Could I borrow a pen" cole whispers in my ear.I pick up a pen and pass it to him "Thanks" he whispers once again. I feel his breath brush against my skin.

Who knew these people were so not... what I expected.

...

"Hey wheres your hood gone" he whispers to me while taking notes.

"I uhh-" I didn't know what to say "I guess there was no point in wearing it anymore" is all I replied while taking notes.

"Well you look beautiful" he leans in to say.I shake my head and smile. He was really charming but not in the player type of way more in a new best friend kind of way.

We spend the rest of the period getting to know each other while laughing and being hushed multiple times by Ms.Lee.

We walk out of class laughing with our books in our hands.

"Cecelia" I hear someone call. I smile hoping it was Tate but Instead I turn around and see River running towards me.

"Uh I'll see you, next class," Cole says to me as he waves and walks off. I nod my head and turn my attention back to River.

"Hey," he says placing his hands on his hips now out of breath "So...wanna..grab some lunch," he asks still huffing and puffing.

"Uhhh" I bite my lip contemplating the answer.

I look over to see Bianca backed up against a locker biting her lip while Tate has his arm leaning on the Locker as he looks down at her.

"Sure" I reply walking with him towards the cafeteria.