||Chapter 03||

☀Cecelia☀

I spent most of the summer texting with the girls and Tate. Tate and I were almost becoming friends. We texted all the time we'd even call sometimes like right now...

On the phone with Tate

Are you ever gonna let me see you without that hood?

One of the questions he frequently asks me

You can see me with my hood off the day you guess my first name.

Another task he's been set on this summer was guessing my first name after I accidentally told him Elena was my middle name

Well my brother and his friends are back I gotta go babysit

Another reason I enjoyed talking to him is the fact that I get day to day updates on River. according to Tate, he's become obsessed with finding a girl he met over summer vacation, which made me smile, but also made me sad knowing I'd sent him on a wild goose chase that I had no intentions of helping him solve.

Goodbye Tatum.

Goodbye sunshine.

I hang up walking into the kitchen to make some brownies.

Who needs a summer body, its the end of summer anyways, plus my moms personal trainer keeps me well in shape.

~~~

I pull out the brownies dropping the pan on the counter since the heat somehow managed to crawl through the mit.

I hear the faint sound of J cole 'Work out' play causing me to hum along as i search for a knife to cut the brownies, when I realize it's my phone ringing

"Hello..."

"Uh Hey you wouldn't happen to know where Tate is he left his phone at home"

I involuntarily gasp as I hear Rivers voice on the other end

"No sorry. He said he was hanging out with his brother or something"

I play dumb hoping he'll hang up before he recognises my voice

"Oh no yeah i'm his brother, I just assumed since you were the last person he called you'd know"

Can he just hang up already? It's getting harder and harder not to just come right out and yell I miss you.

"Okay well bye" I let out before quickly hanging up like the coward I was.

I realize how rude I sounded after I hung up literally facepalming myself at what an idiot I was.

After hanging up I see 789 messages in the group chat and 10 missed calls

"What the fuck" I accidentally say out loud covering my mouth even though no one was around, I scroll through the most recent messages in the group chat

AJ:
It's official!!!

B:
Confirmed!!!

Tess:
I'm so glad they did it lmao

What was confirmed? Whats official?whose they? And what did 'they' do?

Incoming group call from "The View 2.0"

I quickly accept

"Liaaaaaa!"

"AHHHHHH LIAAAA"

"LIAAA GUESS WHAT"

"YOU WONT BELIEVE"

They all scream at me as soon as I answer the phone

"WHAT WhAt wHaT" I ask overwhelmed by all the screaming.

"Okay so this year" Tessa starts but shes cut off by Bianca

"No start from the start"

"Okay okay so last year our brother schools junior varsity boys team had their infamous prank day and they wanted to prank our school anyways they accidentally blew up like half the school because of a gas leak in the chem lab or something which included all the dorm rooms" I had no idea where this was going, both of them tend to ramble on but I know its only cause they don't want to miss any little detail out.

"And..." I wait for them to get to the 'exciting' part "WE'RE MOVING TO NORTH DALE ACADEMY!!!!" Tess and Bianca yell in unison. I'm both thrilled and scared at the same time I'm glad I get to see my best friend, but I'm also scared they'll force me into things or out of... I sit there biting my nails. could this get any worse/better..."We're coming as well" August and Mariana each say "what why" the words slip out of my mouth by accident "wow guess I won't be getting a welcome party" August says sarcastically "no I didn't mean it like that its just that I'm confused" I attempt to save myself "Well I mean I have great friends and all in Australia but I need to spend my senior year with my girl so i'm moving back in with my mom" August explain "and you have to get away from that asshole" Tess says referring to Augusts 'ex' who cheated on her "Yes I really do" August groans "And whats your reason Mar" I asked attempting to change the subject before August gets upset over talking about him "Well Xaviers brothers back and enrolled at North dale then Xavier wanted to come over as well since North dale has the best high school sports program in the country and of course when I found out everyone was planning on being together senior year I wanted to join,  so I asked my parents and no doubt they said yes" Mar's dads have always been more than lenient with her but so were most of our parents.

An hour or two later I get a text from Tate

Cant wait to see you at school on monday sunshine

I smile at the text before thinking of a reply

You won't see me

I flick back. A few minutes pass before he replies

Are you not coming school?

Oh ill be there i'm just invisible remember

I laugh to myself at my reply

That's not funny! I thought you weren't coming school.

I laugh at his concern before locking my phone turning my attention back to those amazing brownies I just made.

Tate's P.O.V

I almost had a mini heart attack when Elena said she wasn't coming to school. I hate to admit it but after all the late night calls and text i'm actually...excited to see her, although she'll probably be off hiding in a corner somewhere.

I sit on the couch with my hand running through my hair unable to stop smiling at our conversation last night "Dude whats on your face" i'm interrupted by my brothers annoying voice "What" I reply "That thing...is that a smile?" He mocks me flopping onto the couch next to me  flicking through Netflix"Whats her name" he says still focusing on the t.v "Who" I act dumb "The girl sending you pics?" I look at him oddly out of confusion "Why else would you be smiling like that" oh that little fuck he thinks its one of those sophomores sending me another one of their 'Selfies' I punch him in the arm "Ow! Geez what is it then" I didn't need to explain myself to him but I choose to anyway "Her names Elena and she's not like that so lay off" I say turning my attention back to my phone.