Upon opening the door you saw Sam setting up a pillow type fort by the couch and Dean was standing by your bed where your jacket was. You quickly rushed over and put it on, but you knew Dean was staring at the strange scars on your back as you did so. 

"y/n I am-"

"Dean. It's okay. Can we forget it like it never happened?" You asked as a blush crept its way onto your cheeks. This was of course easier said than done (especially for Dean) but you hoped he would just agree and you could carry on with your night. He nodded.

"Okay, we got popcorn, beer, licorice, and (your favorite snack)" Sam says getting up and admiring his creative fort building skills.

"Sounds perfect," you said crawling under the many pillows he somehow found and stacked together.

Soon enough the boys had joined you and you all watched the movie. Gradually both Sam and Dean had moved closer to you but especially Dean. Your heart kept racing every time you realized Dean moved but you didn't say anything. 

You tried to make the most of the night, but your mind kept wandering to what cases you might be missing, but you would have to shake it off and pull yourself back to the present.

By the time you were halfway into the third movie, Sam was asleep only leaving you and Dean up, but you were growing tired too. You tried to stay awake, fighting the evergrowing heaviness in your eyelids, but it was becoming difficult. You eventually felt yourself nodding off when you heard Dean ask "you tired?".

"Maybe a little after today," you said yawning. "What about you?"

"Maybe a little," he said chuckling at your cute yawn.

It was quiet as you both continued to watch the movie for a minute.

"You can lean on me if you want" Dean suddenly said.

You turned to give him a confused look. Did he just invite me to lean on him?

"You know if it is more comfortable." He said, you thought you saw a little blush color his cheeks but then he quickly said "nevermind" and turned his attention back to the TV. 

You did the same, but his words kept echoing through your mind. He didn't want me closer to him, he was just being kind you told yourself. After a while though, you couldn't help but wonder if he would really mind if you did. Not only would it be more comfortable, but you also desperately wanted to be closer to him, so you decided to do it. You leaned on his shoulder. Normally you would do this while sitting on the bed or if you were tired while reading something next to him, but this was different.

As you started falling asleep you felt Dean's arm wrap around you pulling you closer and soon enough you were basically laying on his chest. His heartbeat and warmth lulled you to sleep quickly.

***Deans Pov***

I couldn't believe it. Y/n was practically sleeping in my arms. All night I had been watching her reactions to the movie. She was so beautiful and perfect with her dazzling smile and e/c eyes. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. When I saw that she was getting tired and I stupidly talked before I thought, I thought she would make a smart-ass remark and forget it, but instead, here we are only 20 minutes later with her head on my chest. It felt so precious. So pure. So perfect.

I know she had a bad past and has had her own struggles but she had become such an amazing person. Someone who sought forgiveness and decided to change her life to help people. She was my everything. Everything I couldn't have. She would never feel that way for someone like me.

***Your POV***

You woke up to a quiet room with Dean's arms wrapped around you. You looked at the TV to see the title screen of the last movie you had been watching. You moved slightly to get a better view of the situation you were in. Sam was sound asleep on the floor next to you and Dean was leaning against the couch holding you tight. Though you longed to stay in his comfortable arms, you knew that you struggled with nightmares, and didn't want to wake him up from a sudden toss or turn. You snuck your way out of his arms, turned off the TV, and went to bed. You thought about how close you and Dean were, and couldn't shake the thought of how good it felt. How natural. How right. But you knew he didn't think of you that way. You were best friends. He didn't see you that way.