Chapter 6: Why are you blushing?

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me? Who are you judge me by the way? I can go wherever I want. It's none of your business."

Oh no. I smell a cat fight coming up soon.

"Of course it's my business. I am head of cultural activities in this college and nobody is allowed to use the rehearsal hall without my permission."

There you go.

"I am calling the security."

I looked at the girl who tugged her hair behind her ear. I looked closely and could see a little bit of sparkle in her eyes. Those eyes were doing something to me. I immediately looked away.

Ray don't look at her.

I couldnt help myself and looked at her again. I wanted to save her from this situation.

No Ray don't be dumb. Don't do it. Don't say anything.

I clenched and unclenched my fist.

Don't.

"Sharon"

You are doomed Ray.

"Sharon, calm down. Let her explain. Give her a chance. I am sure there must be reason why she is here." I intervened.

I hate to admit but I don't want her to be handed over to the security even though I don't know her.

Sharon looked at me in confusion. "Do you know her?"

I quickly shook my head. "Then why?" Sharon asked. I gave her a pleading look and she nodded.

"Fine" Sharon said turning towards the girl. "Who are you and what were you doing here?" She asked.

I patiently waited to know her name.

"Raina."

I released the breath I didn't even know that I was holding.

Raina

Rainaaa

Stop it!

"I am Raina Richardson. And I am new to New Jersey. As soon as I arrived here I got to know that my sister is used to visiting her college at midnight, so I thought I'll give her a surprise."

Wait. Did she say her last name was Richardson.

Hell no.

"You both are sisters?" I blurted out pointing at Sharon and Raina.

They snapped their necks in my direction quickly and burst out in a fit a laughter.

.
.
.
A few moments later.

Sharon was on the floor. Her back supported against the wall. While Raina was taking support of the pillar with one hand and her other hand around her stomach. They both were laughing their asses off.
And I stood there watching these two crazy girls with a frown on my face.

"It wasn't that funny." I finally spoke.

"Really?" Sharon said

"I knew it from the beginning that you guys are just messing with me."

"What was that? Sharon give her a chance, let her explain. Huh?" Sharon teased.

I couldn't say anything. She was right. I was defending a complete stranger.

"So we got you?" Raina spoke with her signature smirk.

I again couldn't stop the smile from coming on my face.

"Ya" I said raising both my hands in surrender.

She winked at me.

Oh my God. She winked at me.

"Why are you blushing Ray?" Sharon asked.

Did Sharon not notice?

No way. She can't have that much affect on me.

"Anyway. Meet my baby sister." She said wraping an arm around Raina's neck.

Now that they were standing so close, I could see the difference in their height. Raina was much shorter than Sharon. She was a shortie probably 5'2. But I found it cute.

"Hi. I am Raina. Sharon's cousin." Raina said extending her hand towards me.

"Hi. Rayshawn. Sharon's best friend." I said as I held her hand and shook it.

She smiled at me.

Oh..uh..

"So baby sis. How was your flight?"

"It was great. But will you stop calling me baby sis. I am grown up now. Besides you are just one year older than me."

"Still older. And it doesn't matter how much you grow up, you will always be my baby sister. Okay?"

"Fine." Raina rolled her eyes. "I missed you so much." She said engulfing Sharon in a hug.

"I missed you too Raina." Sharon said.

I cleared my throat to gain their attention.

"Right you are also here. I almost forgot that you were here." Sharon said breaking the hug.

"Right." I chuckled.

Sharon looked at me and thought for a moment.

"Raina you should go home and rest. It's late. I'll come over as soon as Ray finishes his rehearsals. Here take my car keys."

Raina's smile faded.

What happened Raina?

I wanted to ask her. But how?

"I can wait Sharon." Raina suggested.

"No need Raina. I don't know how much time it will take here. You should go home and sleep."

"Okay Sharon if you insist. But I don't feel like driving. I'll just take a taxi. Bye Sharon, see you at home. Bye Shawn." Raina starting walking away saying this.

Shawn.

Nobody has ever called me Shawn except for my mother.

"Raina wait." I said grabbing her wrist.

She turned around and looked shocked by my gesture. I immediately let go of her hand.

"What?" She asked.

Don't go.

"I don't think you should go home alone in a taxi."

She gave me a confused expression.

"You hardly know the place and the directions. Its not safe. Sharon you take her home. My daily rehearsal is already over. I am also heading home."

I lied. My rehearsals were hardly finished but I couldn't allow Raina to go home alone at night in a new city.

"Ok cool. See you tomorrow Ray. Bye" Sharon said taking Raina's hand and walking away.

"It was nice meeting you Shawn." Raina said turning her neck around and waving at me as Sharon was practically dragging her away.

I chuckled and waved back.

It was nice meeting you Raina.