Taken (1)

Authors Note:

It's my first story on here, so go easy on me.

Hope you enjoy please vote,comment, and add my story please.

.....................................................................................................................................

"Okay here's your coffees, have a good evening! Yes! Those were my last costumers for the night and its closing time, 10:00p.m. I take off my apron and head to the back of the shop to grab my bag and coat. Everything was already prepped and clean for Jessica, the girl who opens on the weekends. I lock the front door and pulled it to double check its secure, for safety measure because I can just see it now;

"LOCAL COFFEE JOINT ROBBED, BECAUSE IDIOT EMPLOYEE COULDN'T TURN A KEY!!!"

Plastered on the front page of the Sunday paper. I'm just being crazy, but you never know especially with the bad, okay not bad, horrible luck me and my family have. Something such as that would not be a surprise, so I'm always extra cautious. That was just me Whitney, miss better safe than sorry. I look up at the sky and notice it was a crescent moon tonight, "so beautiful", I whispered to myself as I make my way down the street to the bus stop. I sit down on the bench, and pull out my cellphone to call my dad to come get me. I know what you're thinking, I thought she was taking the bus, well no I just wait at the bus stop, because;

1. I hate the smelly creepy bus, not to mention it doesn't actually stop near my house.

2. It's under a street light, so it's easy for my dad to spot me.

3. It's just far enough away from the local bar, that is close to the coffee shop, where all the wasted crazy people are.

I press my speed dial one for my house; ring...ring...ring...ring...ring....

"HEY THIS THE ROSE RESIDENT'S WERE NOT HERE RIGHT NOW, PLEASES LEAVE YOUR NAME AND NUMBER, AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN!"

I have to hold the phone away from my ear cause my mom practically screamed on the voice recording. She always keeps saying she just wanted to be sure people could hear her and understand what she said, sound like anyone? Yeah, I got my better safe than sorry, not to mention always worrying about every little thing personality from my mother.

"Ugh" I groan; please don't tell me everyone is asleep. I know I told them I would be calling them for a ride. I'll try again, same thing. One more time wouldn't hurt, I think to myself, and this time I'll leave a message.

"Hey Dad, Mom, remember me, it's your 1st daughter, Whitney. I need you to come to get me, I'm off and waiting and very cold at the moment. So can one or both of you come like right now! Okay love you bye."

I wait another twenty minutes, God I wish they would call me back, I am a little worried. I mean it's not like it's the first time they have been late or hadn't called me back right away, but it's never taken this long. I pull my coat closer to me as the wind picks up, and I decide to text my little sister Lily, who would never pick up a phone call, but if it was a text she would reply at lightning speed. This is one of a few things I envy her for. Cause compared to me it is like the Tortoise and the Hare except for the slow and steady part won't get me home faster.

I finally Text: {SOS, please tell mom or dad to come get me!!!}

A few minute past and nothing, no text, no call, no message this was really starting to annoy and freak me out at the same time. What's going on, where are they?