32| Voldemort of mom's life

Start from the beginning

"We have to share our room or else it would create a problem." He said.

"Are you sure? Isn't there any other way?" I asked and he nodded in negative.

"I don't think so."

"What if she goes there now?" I asked and we both looked towards each other. "OH SHIT!" We both said in unison.

Quickly going through the discharging processes, we went back and I shifted all my stuff in his room. It took almost two hours.

"Are you done?" He asked and I nodded. "Dadi would be coming anytime. Did you leave anything in that room?"

"No. I've checked it. No one would have an idea that anyone lived in that room." I said and heard the ringing of doorbell. "I think dadi is here."

We opened the gate and saw dadi, mom and dad standing together. Dadi and dad moved inside and Ayaan followed them while mom stayed quiet. I ran towards mom to know what she was thinking.

"What happened mom?"

"What happened? Can't you see who's here? She the Voldemort of my life. I'm alerting you to stay away from her. Don't argue with her. She's an explosive!" Mom said worriedly.

"Mom! She's your mother." I said.

"Mother! She doesn't even think of me as her daughter in law. I'm still a crazy little girl in her eyes whom she doesn't like for her son." Mom said. "Stay safe! Ayaan's Dadi is the perfect example of typical strict Indian mother-in-law."

Is dadi really that scary?

As long as she doesn't kill me, I'm safe.

But still, I have to be worried!

I'm screwed.

"Divya!" I heard dadi calling me. I ran to her touched her feet as a sign of respect. "God bless you!" She said and I stood up. "So... You both are the only ones living here?" She asked and I nodded.

"Dadi! Let's watch TV together like we used to do twenty years ago. What say?" Ayaan said locking his arms with dadi's. She glared him angrily and he backed instantly.

"We don't have any relationship left between us." Dadi said to Ayaan.

"What? How can you forget your grandson just because of a newly met man? Isn't this stupid?" Ayaan asked dadi. And now I know that he's going to die. He shouldn't have said everything he wanted to. Thinking before speaking is important too.

"Enough is enough. If you don't like my choice, it doesn't mean that you'll humiliate him." She said.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Let's sit first." He said and sat beside dad while I sat beside mom.

"I'm going to stay here for some time and observe how everything is working. I want to see if Divya is really worthy or she's just another Kritika!" Dadi said.

"I'm don't even qualify for the lowest grade of being stupid." Mom said after hearing her indirect taunting.

"That's what I'm saying. You're highly stupid. I wonder if your brain is of yours or a donkey's!" Dadi said arrogantly and mom turned her face in the opposite direction angrily.

"I'll bring something to drink." I said after standing to escape the situation.

"Wine for me!" Dadi said and I looked at her with shock. Really? "I mean Apple juice." I nodded and brought juices for everyone. "Ayaan, shift my luggage to the guest room." She ordered. Ayaan nodded and went to bring all her luggage.