8| Mission Irritate Her

Started writing on 26th May 2020.
Completed on 29th May 2020.
Word count : 2057 words
__________________________

- D I V Y A -

I was now a newly-wed bride!

I never wanted to get in this marriage fuss as I always prefer simplicity and saving money. Signing the marriage papers is the best choice, instead of celebrating a like anything.

It has pros too.

Firstly, it doesn't make you feel tired thus, saving your energy. Secondly it saves a lot of money. So, first of all, you should decide whether you want to save both your energy and money or want to get into a big fat Indian wedding.

Well, I was forced for the second option.

After entering his house, which was now mine too, my whole day went in resting and meeting new family members. While getting ready for the reception I heard a knock on the door of the room.

××

- T H I R D P E R S O N -
(ME 😁)

Divya was getting ready for the party and was helped by a makeup artist. Her makeup was almost done when she heard a knock at the door.

"Meri bachchi!" Kritika, her mother-in-law said in a loving yet cute way. (My daughter!)

"Aunty, sorry, I mean mom." Divya stammered and greeted her with a smile.

"Divya, you're looking so gorgeous, God bless you!" Kritika exclaimed in her high energetic voice, "You know, I have only one offspring and that too a son. I always wished for a girl. But if I had one, I had to send her off after her wedding. But now, I have a daughter whom I can keep with myself for the rest of my life." She said blithely with tears filled in her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Divya asked.

"No. These are the tears of happiness. I'm really happy of my son's choice. Finally, he got a girlfriend in the form of wife." Kritika gushed and hugged Divya tightly. Feeling the tightness by which she held her, she quickly broke the hug. "Sorry, I must have ruined you're dress. Just let me check if it's alright." His mom said with concern and checked for any creases on her dress.

"It's alright mom." Divya assured.

"Aah! I'm not here for gossiping. Well, we both can do that later. I'm here to give you this." She smiled and forwarded a blue velvet box to her.

Divya opened the box and found a diamond necklace shining in its glory. Okay! She wasn't experienced enough to check the perfect quality of the diamonds. All she knew was that the necklace was expensive.

"This is our family's patrimonial heirloom necklace. This is handed to the daughter-in-law of our family. Nayan's mom gave me this necklace, or I can say I snatched it. Wear it, everyone is waiting to meet the daughter in law of Chauhan's." Ayaan's mom sighed and helped Divya to wear the Rose Smile.

Divya checked her attire for the last time in the mirror before walking out with her new mother.

While going towards the crowd, Kritika told Divya about the relatives before introducing them to her. "She's Ayaan's aunt and that's her daughter in law. They're good but have a nature to show-off. I would suggest you to talk less to them." She whispered to Divya and she nodded.