3| Wedding

Started writing on 31st April 2020.
Completed on 1st May 2020.
Word count : 2248 words

_________________________________

– D I V Y A –

My life— till now I was happy. I had a good job. A highly paid one. I lived on my own terms. What on Earth is happening now?

And now, he's back. I'm alright! His presence doesn't matter to me. But he's back as my boss. Boss! I wouldn't have had any problem with it but what I've done today makes me a lot more nervous than ever.

I always pulled his nose in the past and it was alright. But, if I knew that he'll be my boss, then why would have I done this? And that was not enough. I even pulled his nose today. Ohh God!!

But wait! How did he become a CEO of a big conglomerate? He was extremely poor in studies. As per what I remember, he never bragged that he had a billionaire family. We never got a hint. He never acted like the boys who were used to show off their father's money.

OMG! What's happening?

I heard a knock on the door of the toilet where I was sitting. "Who's there? Please come out fast! All the other washrooms are filled. Come out!" What? All the rooms are filled. Is every female worker on her period?

I opened the door and saw Srishti standing out. "Get aside." She pushed me, getting inside the room. What's with her? I think she was under a great pressure. We women! No one. Not even a single women is same as other one.

Each and every female has different personality. But our life is just the same. In early years we study. Then do a job and get married. And after that forget about yourself and take care of your loved ones. Everyone at last have the same ending–  death.

Leave it.

You'll have a long life Divya.

On your own terms!

I was talking to my inner self all this time. I have a habit of talking to myself. Sigh! I walked towards my cabin as it's the only room in this building where I can atleast sit quietly.

"Divya!!" I heard a female voice calling my name. Aah... Who's that? Couldn't she let me do my work peacefully for a moment. It was Maya. "Where were you? Do you know we all met our new CEO. No, he came here to meet us. I think he's good and kind, just like his father. Not at all serious. He's a chill-minded man."

What? He's still the same Ayaan who never took things to heart. Thank God! I'm saved. I'm relieved that he won't do anything with my job.

There was a knock on the door and I saw Diya stepping inside. "Hmm, what happened Diya?" I asked.

"Boss wants to see you. His mood was a bit...."

"Bit what?"

"A little angry. He wants to meet you now." She said with a frown. What? Why does he want to meet me? Is he really angry? But that was all past. Moreover, I just pulled his nose. That's it.

No, I taunted him. And, that too every year. I'm gone! "I'm going." I said to Maya and Diya and walked to his room.

And here I am. In front of CEO's room. His room. I opened the door and went in without any hesitation as I wanted to show him that I'm still the same. I have the same attitude level in myself. I can't be suppressed by him just because of the fact that he's my boss. He will still be the same loser. The one who failed in every test.

"You're here." Was the only thing he said for which I just hummed.

"Well I think as you've grown up, you have left your manners in the past. You came inside. Without knocking the door. I'm your senior now, so you should have showed some respect towards me. And you should have said– 'may I come in'." He started his good for nothing teaching. Is this man insane? Still a bastard. And a talkative. And a trash for mother Earth!