Hunky-Dory

Deep blue eyes (Tilden)

It had been one hell of a day already and it was still morning. Meeting my mate. That was one of the most stressful and heart in my mouth moments of my life. I was so happy he accepted me. He was amazing and unique, and mine. Father was right about him. He would make the perfect Luna, but how would he feel when he found out what he was to become?

The meeting with the alphas went as well as to expected with a room full of testosterone and dominance. I couldn't help but study every one of them to try and discern which of them had hurt my mate and kicked him out of their pack. I wanted to skin them, which ever one of them it was.

I had managed to catch the Red Mountain alpha before he left the meeting and inquired about my mate. He didn't know much. Simply that he never went onto their lands or caused any trouble, if anything he aided them. He would kill any and all vampires they dared to go onto his territory. They were drawn to it because of the pack nearby, they wanted to attack it. Their pack however backed onto mountainous ground and could only be accessed from my mates territory and a small bit of unclaimed land which the pack used to travel on. According to the alpha my mate killed almost all of the vampires that were stated in the records. These records were updated every year. Each alpha would send us information about the vampire sightings and killings in the previous year. We used that to assess their population and what areas needed more protection. The Red Mountain pack had by far the most recorded kills of vampires and little to no wolf injuries and fatalities caused by vampires. And it was all because of my mate, maybe van-Helsing was a more suited name for him rather than Clifford.

I told my father that as we had made our way to his home to introduce him to my mate. He seemed very proud of my mate for that, and thoroughly impressed. The danger my mate had been in made me perturbed but I too was prideful of him. My amazing mate the vampire killer. I had seen the ease he had killed that vampire with yesterday. Ripped its head clean off with one chomp of his powerful jaws. I knew he would be invaluable in the upcoming war but I was scared for him, I found I didn't want him to fight in case something happened to him but I knew I had no right to deny him that or risk other wolves lives just to protect my mates.

I was angry at Chamers for attacking my mate but my father had already given him a stern talking to and he seemed to telling himself off as well. He had sulked all throughout breakfast with a frown on his face, even his mates attempts to cheer him up not enough to get him out of his self-depreciating mood.

When I came to the field to see my mate again he didn't seem in much higher spirits. The thing that frustrated me the most was that I couldn't ask him what was wrong, all I could do was try and make him feel better. So that's what I did. It seemed to work after a while and he started comforting me back.

We were both contently grooming each other in the shade of a big tree when my favourite person decided to ruin the moment with his beta, gamma and delta to be. His little group of back up dancers.

"Hello Tilden." He spat mockingly. I gave my mate one more large lick before turning and giving him my best stink eye. "Ready to get your ass kicked at the ascension fights?" He insinuated. "That's if you find a mate in time." He added, trying to hit a weak spot in my armour. Yesterday that would have really pissed me off but now I just grinned. You couldn't really do that in wolf form but my other facial features portrayed the expression well enough.

As if my mate knew he was being talked about, he rose from his laying position and sat up and stared down at Landers. He was another alphas son and I hated his guts. Mostly for talking trash about my father and family. Landers and his trio balked at the size of the wolf next to me. My mate looked them over and let out an unimpressed snort at the four of them. I couldn't agree more, I couldn't wait to kick his ass. But there was a time and a place for everything, so I would have to wait until the ascension fights. It also meant I could kick his ass in front of the whole werewolf population, that would knock him down a few pegs.