•Too Late•

🥑: Buckle up for a long chapter!

I was getting my way to work. I dressed up in a clean suit with my hair slicked back.

Being an adult sure is hard. I just wish I could go back to college were I was just a boy having fun with my friends. Speaking of friends, it's been years since I last saw them. I wish I can meet up with all of them.

I was in my car in the middle of traffic when my phone suddenly rang.

"Hello. Who's this?"

"Is this Kang Taehyun?"

"Yes. Is there a problem?"

"Please go to the police station. We want to ask you a few questions."

"O-okay." When I hung up the phone, I gulped a bit. Did I do anything wrong? Did I broke a rule?

I drove off straight to the police station. My palms were starting to sweat a bit because of the nervousness I'm feeling right now.

I finally got inside and there was 2 other people in the room but I can only see their backs.

"Oh Mr. Kang Taehyun please take a seat." The two people looked at me and we all have a shocked face.

"T-taehyun?" Both of them said in unison.

"Beomgyu? Hueningkai???" I sat on the chair that's between them. Damn all of them got so tall while I'm stuck with this height ever since college.

"Well... Long time no see friends..."

The three of us gave awkward smiles at each other and looked at the officer.

"So... Do you know a girl named Y/N L/N?" The officer showed a pic of Y/N. She was our friend in college but ever since we've graduated, I don't know what happened to her. Unlike Beomgyu and Kai, I'm always updated with their lives thanks to social media. It's like Y/N just disappeared in thin air...

"Yes we know her." Beomgyu answered.

"Last night, she got hit and run at a dimly lit street near her house." Our eyes widen.

"W-was she okay officer?" Kai asked with his voice shaking a bit.

The officer's face sadden. "Unfortunately, she was dead when arrived at the hospital. I'm sorry..." The noises around me were muffled. Everything was falling apart. I can hear the muffled crying of Kai and the muffled protests of Beomgyu. The person that I loved so much is.... gone?

"B-but why did you call us?" I finally asked.

"We searched thru Y/N's phone and it was only you three who are in her contacts." The officer gave us Y/N's phone. She still kept the phone that she used in college...

We looked at her contacts and it was only us three that's in there. I looked at her home screen and I almost teared up. It was a picture of me and her that was taken in graduation. We opened the gallery and it was filled with pictures from college. The wave of memories went thru me.

.•°Flashback°•.

"Taehyun do you got your charger?"

"Yes mom."

"How about your sunblock?"

"It's in my bag."

"Do you got-"

"Mom chill down. It's just college, I'll be fine." I smiled as I put all of my stuff in my car.

"Ohh sweetie, I just can't believe you will be far away from us." My mom hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Honey he's a grown man, he will be fine without us." My dad ruffled my hair. I giggled.