•In Another Time•

"Hearing your voice is the only thing that keeps me sane."

I was just lying down on my bed, comfortably sleeping but a loud noise awoke me.

I groaned and opened my curtains to see the dangerous sunlight rising up and a bunch of meteors that are hitting our protective dome. Well, just a normal day. I went back to bed and just plugged on noise cancels.

.•°•°•.

"Kai, Kai wake up." Someone shook me.

I looked at the person with my eyes half opened and it turns out it was just my mom.

"Sweetie, me and your dad are just going to buy something. Just stay inside okay."

"But mom it's too-" Before I can finish my sentence, my mom kissed my forehead and went out.

"It's too dangerous to go outside..." I mumbled as I checked the level of radioactivity of the sun on my phone and it is indeed dangerous to go out with this type of sun.

I went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. I washed up a bit then I went back to my bedroom. I stared at the window and just thinking of stuff. When will I ever go outside like a "normal" person? When will I experience the things that the people from thousand years ago experienced? When can I breathe in natural oxygen instead of manmade ones?

I just huffed and laid down on my bed. My phone suddenly rang. I was thinking that it might be mom or dad since they're the only people who has my phone number.

I checked the caller and it was an unknown number. I furrowed my brows together since I do not really recognize the caller. I just answered the call cuz it might be my parents but they're using another person's phone.

"Hello who's this?" The person at the other line asked.

Why did this person even call me but doesn't know who I am???

"Um... It's Kai." I answered. The other line was quiet for a bit.

"Oh um... hi Kai... I'm Y/N and... my friends just dared me to call a stranger so I'm really sorry if I'm disturbing you..."

Oh thank goodness it's not a stranger that will kill me.

"I-it's okay. I'm actually pretty bored right now and I kinda want to talk to someone."

"Well... I can talk to you!" Y/N said with a cheerful voice. I let out a small smile, knowing that I can finally talk to someone other than my family.

The first couple of minutes, we introduced ourselves to each other properly and got to know each other. I'm surprised that I'm starting to become comfortable to a person that I just met.

For all of a sudden, meteors were suddenly starting to hit the dome. It was stronger that the ones before.

"Kai what's going on there?"

I didn't answer because I saw a small crack at the dome. I felt the color drained out of me. Once the there's a crack on the dome, we're doomed.

It finally stopped and I didn't noticed that Y/N was trying to call me.

"Kai are you okay??? What was that???"

"I'm fine... I'm fine... It's just a bunch of meteors falling no big deal." I chuckled. Come on it's 3020, these things happen all the time.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT'S NOT A BIG DEAL??? YOU MIGHT BE SERIOUSLY INJURED RIGHT NOW. HOW COME YOU'RE FINE WITH METEORS FALLING??? THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME." Wait what?