•Our Secret•

<Request>

It was quiet inside the house with lights only coming from the dining room. The rain was my only companion as I waited for Hueningkai to come back home.

I waited patiently at the dining room as the food I cooked was getting cold. I haven't ate yet since I wanted to eat together with him. 

It is hard dating a singer. With their busy schedules and also keeping our relationship in secret. I mean I'd say we're pretty good in hiding our identity from the public. I mean his company doesn't even know he's in a relationship and they only know is that I'm his cousin.

As I was about to doze off, I heard the door open. 

I jumped from the seat and saw Hueningkai at the door soaking wet. 

"Welcome home! I guess you forgot to bring your umbrella." I giggled as he shook the water off his head.

"Are you hungry? Let's eat-"

"No I already ate with the members and I'm just gonna go shower and go to bed." 

"Oh... okay." Hueningkai went straight to the bathroom without even seeing the food that I cooked for us.

"It must be because of the weather. He will be fine tomorrow." I went back to the kitchen and put away the food. I suddenly don't have the appetite to eat.

I went to our bedroom but I don't see him there. I checked the guest room that was across the hall and I saw him sleeping there. Not wanting to disturb his peaceful state, I just slept by myself at our bedroom.

I lied down with our army of plushies next to me but it still feels... empty.

I just forced myself to sleep, hating my overthinking brain.

.•°•°•.

BREAKING!

A member of TXT was seen with a female non-celebrity.

Are they in a relationship? How long have they been together? What will be the fandom's reaction?

We are still waiting for an answer from BigHit Entertainment.

What's going on? Kai just keeps on avoiding me for the past 4 days and always come home late.

There are also times I go to his workplace to bring him food but the guards won't let me in. Didn't they know I'm his "cousin".

I waited for Kai at the dining roon as I prepared his favorite food, egg tart. I know he won't resist this. I know he might pull out the "I already ate" card so why not prepare his favorite food?

As I heard the door open, I ran with the egg tart on the plate and saw Kai tiringly removed his coat.

"Kai guess what I got you???" I said with a cheery tone. Kai stared at the treat maybe debating if he should eat it or not. I really postive he will eat this no matter-

"I'm not hungry." Was all he said and walked passed by me.

Before he can even go to the bathroom, I finally let out the words that were stuck in my throat these past 4 days.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU AVOIDING ME? WHY DD THE GUARDS AT THE COMPANY DIDN'T LET ME SEE YOU? KAMAL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" It seems I have ticked off a bomb when he faced me with an angered expression.

"You wanna know what's wrong? EVERYBODY NOW KNOWS ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP. HAVEN'T YOU READ THE ARTICLES? I GET BACK HOME LATE BECAUSE I'M FIXING THE ISSUE WITH THE COMPANY. IT'S BECUASE OF THAT STUPID DATE THAT WE DID. MANY PEOPLE SAW US." I flinched at his outburst. I never seen Hueningkai like this... this enraged.

I nodded as I held back the tears. I ran to the dining room and threw away the egg tart.

I placed the plate on the sink as I stared at it.

Stupid Y/N. Why did you requested to go on a date at that place even though you know there are a lot of people there.

I turned on the faucet. I noticed tiny droplets of water hitting the plate out of nowhere. It was actually my tears.

I hate being sensitive. Those words just stabbed me multiple times.

I heard the faucet turned off. I looked at my side and Hueningkai was looking at me, with tears at the brim of his eyes.

"H-Huening-"

"I-I'm sorry Y/N. I didn't m-mean to say all of that." He hugged me tightly as I felt his tears on my shoulder.

"I didn't want t-them to hurt you but I'm the one who h-hurted you." He hiccuped. Never in my entire life I've seen Kai cry hard like this. He's always a loud and bright person and I never pictured him in this state.

"K-Kai, it's okay. I understand it's for our relationship. We can tell the public about us."

"N-No Y/N. They m-might attack you-"

"Trust me, they won't. As long you're here with me, I'm safe and happy."

"S-So we're gonna announce it to the public?"

"Yes Huening. Together."

"Together."

.•°T H E  E N D°•.

🥑: Finally done with my exams yEeT.