Korra

Korra's P.O.V
I woke up that morning to a loud buzzing from my alarm clock. I groaned and sat up, turning off my alarm clock. I yawned and got out of bed.

I got ready for the day and got dressed in my police uniform. I yawned again and headed down the hall. I opened the door to find a sleeping girl, my daughter.

"Wake up, sweetie," I say, smiling as she stirs. "Is it morning already, Mama?" She asks. I smile, then nod. "Yes, Anya," I say, then help her out of bed. She gets up and starts getting ready.

I leave the room and go downstairs to make some toast. As Anya comes down, I smile and hand her a plate of toast. "Thanks, Mama," she says as she eats her toast. I give her a glass of milk as well, and she downs it in one gulp.

"Are you in a hurry?" I ask her as she smiles. "I'm going to meet Danny at school!" She said. I smiled and then walked over to her. "Ok, but if you go on a date, tell me first." I tease her; she blushes. "Mom! I'm not going on a date!" She exclaims; I chuckle softly. "Good, I don't want my 8-year-old growing up that fast," I say, smiling, and she blushes.

"What about you, mom? Have any dates tonight?" She asks. Now I blush, "No, but I don't think I would tell you." I said, smiling. We both knew that was a lie. I told Anya everything, mainly when it affected both of us.

I checked the clock. "Oh, shoot!" I say, "Sorry, Anya, we have to go." I say, "Ok, I'm ready." She said and followed me to the car. We buckled up, and I started the engine.

I drop Anya off at her school. She smiles and waves at me, then turns to a kid and walks off with him. I head to the station and get to my desk. "KORRA!" I hear Chief Bei Fong yell. I ran to her office and opened the door.

"Yes, ma'am!" I salute, "I wanted to talk to you; shut the door." She said sternly. I shut the door and sat in the chair before the Chief.

"I'm sure you've heard about the riots?" She asks. I nod. "Yes, Chief." I reply, "Well, we have gotten some tips that they are having a rally tomorrow." She said, "And I think your the best cop for the job. I want you to go undercover to figure out who their leader is." She said, "I know you have a daughter, but this won't be a long operation." She speaks and looks me in the eyes.

"I will have a full troop watching your house," I say, my eyes wide when the realization hits me. "So, I'm going to be gone for a while then?" I ask, "No, only a few months." She replied, my eyes growing wider. "A few months! I have a daughter, Chief. I can't be gone that long!" I said, "I'm sorry, but there's no other choice. Your daughter will be fine. I'll have my best officers watching. I will ensure she is taken care of, and she will get to school on time she will eat. And she will be safe." She says sternly, "Chief, I can't." I say again with a bit more force this time. "Well, you have to! You can do it, or you can walk!" she shouted. My eyes widened.

I can't lose this job, and I need to pay for food, rent, bills, and Anya to get a good education. I thought. I sighed and nodded. "There's one more thing." She says as I get up to leave. I look at her, "Hmm?" I reply, "You're getting a partner." She said; my eyes widened again!

I storm out of the office and sit at my desk. It's bad enough I have to be away from Anya for months! But now I have to have a partner and a rookie at that! I thought angrily; I got up and went to the coffee machine.

I heard someone say something behind me and turned around. I saw a beautiful girl about my age, with black hair and red lips. My sapphire eyes locked with her emerald green ones. I blushed as I realized I was staring. "Wow," I say aloud, then blush.

"Wow, what?" The girl asks, confused, "Oh, u-um.. nothing." I stutter. She smiles at me and holds out her hand. "Hi, my name is Asami Sato." She says; I take her hand and shake it. "Korra," I say happily.

"Korra!" I hear the Chief call; I sigh and look at Asami. "Looks like the devils calling," I say, and she giggles. I smiled; she's a rookie, I thought. "KORRA!" I hear the Chief yell louder. I sigh again, then turn to leave. "Nice meeting you, Asami." I say, "Likewise," she calls back as I walk towards the office.

"Chief," I say, "Korra, I want you to meet your new partner." She says, then walks out of the room. I wait for her to return, and when she does, I see Asami next to her. "Korra, this is your new partner, Asami Sato." I look at her, "You're my partner?" I ask Asami quizzically, and she nods. "Guess so." She says, "Looks like you two have already met." Chief says, "Well, I've already told you your mission. So, get to know each other because tomorrow you'll be here bright and early." The Chief said professionally, "You can leave now." She said, opening the door for us.

As we exit, I smile to myself. Maybe having a partner won't be that bad after all, I thought.