Asami

Asami's P.O.V
"Bye, see you tomorrow, rookie," Korra said as she walked off. "Ok," I say, "Although I don't like being called a rookie." I head to my car and drive home. Wow, she was pretty, I thought as I went. I smiled to myself, then put on the radio.

*Flashback start of the day*
I woke up early that day. "First day on the job," I said aloud. I got dressed in my uniform and ate some breakfast. Then I left for my car, and I quickly got to the station.

As I walked in, I heard my name being called from the Chief's office. I headed there and opened the door. "Yes, Chief." I say, saluting, "I have decided to put you on an undercover case." She says; I sit down to listen. "I'll be putting you on with another cop." She continued, "You will be working undercover to figure out who the leader of the 'Equalists' is." She finished.

"The Equalists?" I say, confused, "You haven't heard?" She says. I shake my head. "They're a group of protesters. They've recently started rioting. They are having a rally tomorrow." She said, "I'll introduce you to your partner in a bit." She said, "For now, you can work on some paperwork." She said. I nodded, and once I left the office, I sighed.

I'm a cop, and I didn't sign up for sitting at a desk all day, I thought. As I get to my desk, I start on some paperwork. I hear the Chief scream again, "KORRA!" I see a girl run off to the Chief's office.

I sigh, "I bet she isn't being called to do some paperwork." I groan, "It's only for today. Then I'm off on an undercover operation." I say aloud. Someone coughs. I look over and see everyone staring at me. I blush and look back at my papers.

After about half an hour, I head to the coffee machine. I notice a girl in front of it, "Wow, she's pretty." I mumble quietly; she turns around quickly, and our eyes lock for a moment. "Wow," she says, "Wow, what?" I ask, confused, "Oh, u-um.. nothing." She stutters. I smile at her and hold out my hand. "Hi, my name is Asami Sato," I say. She takes my hand and shakes it. "Korra." She says happily.

"Korra!" I hear the Chief call; Korra sighs and looks at me. "Looks like the devil's calling." She says, and I giggle. She smiles. She looks so pretty when she smiles, I thought. "KORRA!" I hear the Chief yell louder. Korra sighs again, then turns to leave. "Nice meeting you, Asami." She says, "Likewise," I call her as she walks off.

I go back to my desk, but as soon as I get there, I hear the Chief call my name. I sigh and walk to her office. We walk in together, and I see Korra. "Korra, this is your new partner, Asami Sato." The Chief said as I looked at her, "You're my partner?" Korra asked me quizzically. I nod. "Guess so." I say, "Looks like you two have already met." The Chief says, "Well, I've already told you your mission. So, get to know each other because tomorrow you'll be here bright and early." The Chief said professionally, "You can leave now." She said, opening the door for us.

We walk out, and I see Korra smirking, "What?" I ask, "Nothing." She says, I smile, and we step outside.

*End of flashback*
What a day, I thought as I pulled into the apartment complex's parking lot where I live. I head up to my apartment, then change and eat some dinner. I yawn and head to bed early. See you tomorrow Korra, I thought. Then closed my eyes and went to bed.