Epilogue

19 years later

Third person's POV:

A large metallic train pulled up in the modernised train station. Out stepped two thirds of the victors from the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss and Peeta, who hadn't stepped foot in District 2 for years. They'd been incredibly busy with their children that they hadn't had any time to visit their old friend.

Before visiting Cato's house, they decided to take a walk in the park. The lush green grass surrounded the pavement as flowers started to bloom all around. The bright summer sun shone down on the happy couple as they continued their stroll.

As if out of no where, a small girl had appeared, running up to Katniss and Peeta. The small girl had light brown hair and vibrant blue eyes. She wore a beautiful, but plain, baby blue dress and black shoes.

"Hey." The small girl said with a large smile.

"Hi there." Peeta said while crouching down to her height. "What's your name?"

"Clove Hadley." She responded with a large smile. The couple looked at each other knowingly, since they'd heard about her in letters.

"Where's your mum and dad?" Katniss asked softly.

"They're over there," She said while pointing back along the path. "Daddy's slow." A tall blonde man soon appeared jogging after the small girl.

"Clove, I told you not to run away from us." He said, slightly out of breath.

"Cato, I assume she's yours." Peeta said with a smile.

"Yes she is." He said as he held the small girl's hands. The small locket that was previously tucked into her dress, popped out, and it was obvious that it was Clove's old one.

"Where's Mina?" Katniss asked.

"She's coming with Isabella." Cato replied as the little girl clung to his leg. A woman with brown hair and blue eyes soon appeared with a small blond child.

The toddler stumbled as she walked, her mother helping her up every time.

"Come here Issy." Cato said while bending down. The small toddler ran into her father's arms as he embraced her in a tight hug. As he lifted the small child off the ground, he gave his wife, Mina, a small kiss on the forehead.

"She's so cute." Katniss said as looked at the toddler.

"Can you tell me about my name? Daddy won't tell me." Clove said while looking hopefully at Katniss and Peeta.

"Well, you were named after a strong, sweet girl. She used to be your father's friend, but she's gone now." Peeta tried to explain.

"Where'd she go?"

"She went to...the city in the sky." Peeta said, trying to think of something.

"Can we visit her?"

"Maybe one day. One day, we'll all be up there with her." Her smile widened as she went and hugged her mother's legs.

Cato smiled at his old friends, sadness evident in his eyes. Even though he no longer thought about Clove, everyone knew that there was always a place in his heart for the girl with knives.

A/N Hey everyone, this is just a short epilogue. I have written an alt ending and epilogue, which is in the next chapter. If you didn't like the ending, please go check it out. Please don't forget to comment and vote. Thank you all.