Chapter 4

Cato's POV:

I woke the next morning with a dull pain running through my body. God, that nerd really beat me up. I thought to myself. She doesn't actually seem like a nerd, in fact looked pretty cute. What was her name? I tried to remember anyone actually saying her name until I finally remembered Fabian calling her Clove. That's a cute name for someone so deadly. I shouldn't be thinking this. I'm Cato Hadley, the typical bad boy that flirts with girls. I slowly got out of bed and I realised that it wasn't a dull ache that I felt. I haven't felt this bad since I was 9 and got beat up by a 14 year old.

When I got into the bathroom, I looked at the sides of my torso and saw that the bruises were a dark purple. Damn, that girl can kick. I changed into a white shirt and some jeans before going to eat breakfast. I was running  late so I just picked up an apple and left the house. When I was walking to school, I saw a small girl that had her dark brown hair tied up in a high ponytail. It was Clove.

"Hey Clovely." I call as I jog up to her. She turns to me with a scowl in her face.

"What do you want, Hadley?" She said bluntly.

"Someone's in a bad mood." I say as I stare at her. Our eyes meet for a second and I notice that her eyes have tiny flecks of green. She immediately looks away from me.

"I don't know what your talking about." She says as she speeds up slightly.

I catch up with her easily because her legs are so short. "Is it because I hurt you yesterday." I say kind of condescendingly.

"I'm not a baby." She said coldly.

"Come on, Clovely. Cheer up." I say as I wrap my arm around her small frame. Wow, she's boney.

"I hate that name, and don't touch me." She said the first bit calmly, but the second was said rather loudly. She forcefully shoved me away and speed walked away from me. She looked kind of hot when she was mad, but that didn't change the fact that she was kind of mean. When I arrived at school, I was met with my best friend, Jake.

"Heard you got beat up by a 15 year old yesterday." He said smirking slightly.

"Shut up." I said as I elbowed him in the ribs. "Where were you anyways?" I ask as we walked to class.

"I was on a date." He said with a cocky smile. "How long has it been since you've had a date?" He asks me as his smile turns into a smirk.

"I have one night stands, not girlfriend. You know that." I said as I glare at him.

"So, who was the lucky girl that beat you up?" He asked curiously.

"Some girl named Clove or something. You were there when I challenged her." I said, slightly angrily.

"Oh the nerd. I thought that you were beat up by someone else." He chuckled slightly. "She just looks so weak and tiny. I'm surprised that she lasted two seconds fighting you." He continued. I just glared at him.

We passed a group of girls that were looking at me flirtatiously. I hadn't been with a girl in two weeks and that's a long time for me.

"Hey beautiful." I said to the blonde girl with green eyes. She was the prettiest out of all of them.

"Hey Cato." She said as she placed her hand on my chest.

"I'm Chloe." She said as she looked at my body.

"I'm glad I met you." I said flirtatiously. "Why don't we take a walk?" I asked with a wink.

"Sure." She said as she grabbed my forearm.