Chapter 11

A/N The song is for later in the chapter. This is also really cringy.

Clove's POV:

It has been 2 weeks since I went to Cato's house and I thought that our friendship was good, but it doesn't seem that way. Lately, Cato seemed to be distancing himself from me and spending more time with his other friends and sometimes even Joan. Of course, it's fine that he spends time with them, but he doesn't seem to be talking to me unless we are in training.

I sat in my seat and stared out the window. I didn't need to pay any attention to what the teacher was saying, since we were just learning the history of the hunger games like every other lesson. You pretty much only need to get notes from one lesson and you're all set for the yearly exams. As soon as I heard the bell, I scooped up my books and sped out of the classroom and to my locker.

"Hey Clove." Joan said happily as she came up to me.

"You seem awfully happy." I said as I looked at her.

"It's just a good day." She said with a mischievous smile.

"Okay, what's going on?" I asked as I slammed my locker shut.

I suddenly heard some music play from behind me. I turned around and saw Cato standing there, smiling at me. I raised an eyebrow as I looked at him and then at Joan who was smirking. My eyes widen when he started singing.

"Ooh girl you shining, like a 5th Avenue diamond, and they don't make them like they used to.
You're never going out of style." He handed me a small black box and when I opened it, I saw a sliver chain with a beautiful diamond.

"Ooh pretty baby, this world might've gone crazy.
The way you saved me who could blame me, when I just wanna make you smile." As he sang as he grabbed my hand and spun me around. A small smile crept into my face as he continued.

"I wanna thrill you like Michael.
I wanna kiss you like Prince.
Let's get it in like Marvin Gaye, like Hathaway. Write a song for you like this.

You're over my head, out of my mind.
Thinking I was born in the wrong time.
You're one of a kind, living in a world gone plastic.
Baby, you're so classic
Baby, you're so classic" By now, at least half of the school was surrounding us and listening to Cato singing.

"Four dozen roses, anything for you to notice.
All the way to serenade you, doing it Sinatra style.
I'mma pick you up in a Cadillac like a gentleman bringing glamour back.
Keep it real to real in the way I feel
I could walk you down the isle." He sang as some random people handed me four bunches of roses.

"I wanna thrill you like Michael
I wanna miss you like Prince
Let's get it on like Marvin Gaye, like Hathaway
Write a song for you like this

You're over my head, out of my mind
Thinking I was born in the wrong time
It's love on rewind, everything is so throwbackish
I kinda like it how you-
Out of my league, old school chic
Like a movie star from a silver screen
You're one of a kind, living in a world gone plastic
Baby, you're so classic
Baby, you're so classic" By the end, all of the girls were swooning over him and I stood there and stared at him with wide eyes. I never knew that he could sing and now that I've heard it, I'm wondering if he is bad at anything besides math and knives.

"Clove, will you go out with me?" He asked as he grabbed my hands. I stared at him for a second, shocked at what just happened. "Clove?" He said worriedly.