Chapter 4

I do not own the image above, all rights to the owner.  

Fenrys:

After days of searching I finally found Aelin's book. I have no idea why Maeve has been going through the Walking Dead, but we have to get out of here before she notices it gone.

I quickly kneeled beside the iron coffin " Aelin, I need you to trust me, I am getting us out of here today." In response she tapped lightly from the inside, so the guards outside don't notice she is awake but loud enough for me to hear.

I used the shards of glass beside the coffin to cut my skin deep enough to draw blood and began drawing the wyrdmarks. Aelin wasn't joking when she said this takes a lot of energy out of you. I was panting by the last line I drew with my blood. It never specified how long these damn things were going to take. So I guess we had to wait. In that moment the door slammed open revealing a furious Maeve and Cairn trailing behind her.

"What do you think you are doing Fenry's?" she spat. "I order you to shift and kneel in the corner." she said pointing at the spot I had been for 2 months.

"No!" I shot back gasping for air. The blood oath will be broken today. "I am done being your whore and Aelin is done being you play toy" I said looking them straight in the eyes. Blood was dripping down my nose, out of my ears, and eyes. This was the breaking point, we could never get out of here.

Just then a faint light started glowing from around the coffin, the wyrdmarks burned bright, as if in response to the fake queen in front of me. I made a show of looking confused as Maeve noticed the Walking Dead next to my leg. The moment she starts sending her dark magic to kill us all, we are falling through the portal, but the blood oath finally snaps and darkness greets me.

Aelin:

I can hear every word spoken by Fenry's, him finally freeing himself of my wretched aunt. Before I can process anything. My whole body jerks forward and hits the lid of the box. My entire body barks in pain as the box finally hits the ground.

One last time, I repeat, "My name is Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius, and I will not be afraid." and darkness claimed me.