Chapter 16

Hey guys!! Happy Holidays! Also sorry for the late chapter, finals week was very crazy and I was very busy. I should hopefully have another chapter by the end of Winter Break. 

Enjoy :))

Feyre

"We would never lie to you! They just dropped into our court!" I exclaimed. "Besides, Amren seems to know and trust them."

"Just because Amren knows them doesn't mean we trust them" Tamiln snarled. "I have enough experience to not trust anyone from the Night Court."

"Tamlin, we don't trust your judgment either." Varian snarled and continued, "If Amren trusts them, then so do we." Varian said nodding his dead in our direction.

Rhys looked over at Varian and Tarquin and nodded in thanks. "We don't expect you all to believe us just yet. Let's meet back here in 3 weeks and, I give you my word we'll bring the fae along with us."

Before I heard the rest of what Rhys said, all the voices around me faded out being replaced by another familiar one, "We are coming, me and my sister won't let you live for long anyways." I couldn't breathe, couldn't talk as Aelin and Fenrys came into view. They were on the ground crying out in pain as Aelin screamed out a name we had been hearing for the last two months. "Maeve!" But I knew the voice wasn't just hers'. A voice that had been haunting my dreams for the past 5 years. Hybern was coming again and this time he wouldn't be alone was my last thought before I snapped back into reality.

I grabbed Rhy's hand and said through the mating bond, "We have to go now! Something is very wrong, we have to go back to Velaris!"

He nodded and we were gone within seconds as Mor and Azriel followed.

The moment we landed in Velaris I ran into the House of Wind to find Aelin, Fenrys, Cassian, and Dorian awake and drinking wine. They looked up shocked as Cassian said, " You guys are back already, I really thought the Highlord were going to eat you guys alive."

"We would have stayed a lot longer if I didn't see Aelin and Fenrys on the ground crying out in pain," I said looking straight at them.

"What do you mean saw us?" She questioned standing up now.

"We were in the middle of the Highlord's meeting, and the next thing I see is you crying out in pain as you screamed out Maeve. It actually happened, didn't it?"

She nodded as she looked over at Fenrys, "We were waiting for you guys to come back."

"What happened, and why didn't you tell us sooner?" I questioned.

"Well, Cassian here told us you might be a little busy," Aelin answered. "Maeve was here, since she has the power to talk into other people's minds, she is what you call damenti. Although it wasn't just her, there was also a male here, the bitches said we won't be alive for much longer." She said bored.

"The male is Hybern. I heard the voices when I saw you both on the ground" I clarified, glancing at the inner circle to see their reactions.

Cassian's wings which were originally stretched out quickly contracted from the memories of the cauldron as he said, " Then we better get ready, we know Hybern's plays, and you should know Maeve's." He finished looking at Aelin and Fenrys who nodded in acknowledgment.

Rhys looked over to Azriel and said, "We have to get guards on the borders of Velaris and ask Amren to reinstate the wards." Then turned to Cassian as he continued, " You are in charge of preparing all the ash arrows and weapons to keep them away from the citizens as long as possible."

"Ash arrows, what is that supposed to do?" Aelin laughed.

"What do you mean, that's what kills us," Azriel answered.

"Well not Maeve and whatever army she has here with her, I suggest we also collect enough weapons made out of iron." Fenrys continued for Aelin.

Looking at all of us Aelin stated with her wicked smile, " Then I guess it's time we get ready for war." 

Sorry for the short chapter, I promise the next one will be longer. 

Thanks for reading, comment, and vote if you liked it :))