Chapter 14: Twisted alleys

DISCLAIMER:

-This story is written on this time line: after the Railgun Daihasei festival (with everything canon happened before).

-Everything that happens in this story disregards what happens after the festival in the canon novel and is written without knowing it.

-I will post a chapter weekly (friday) so stay tuned :D

-Join our Shadow Crafter Discord Community to share art, memes and anime stuff!

LINK IN BIO!

The sound was confusing, voices were messed up but at least the darkness was leaving its place to a tenuous light. Saten opened her eyes again, dizzy and bewildered; she looked around her, saw the glowing eyes of her friend Uiharu rejoicing together with other people. There seemed to be all girls in that room.

«Saten-san, you are finally awake! I'm so glad! I was so selfish not caring about your feelings! Forgive me, please!» this was the first line she managed to hear clearly; Saten slowly got up and noticed she was in the Judgment nursery. Finally, she seemed to resume her cognitive abilities back to normal.

«W-what happened?» she decided to ask first.

«Me and Shirai-san arrived just in time, before your crisis got worse! Your friends told us where to search. This time feeling guilty actually helped us.» Uiharu replied, wiping her tears.

«Crisis?» Saten asked confused.

«The doctor said you suffered for a sudden rise in blood pressure! It was our fault, we made you nervous due to our unkindness. We are sorry.» Kuroko said, bowing for a formal apologise.

«Blood... pressure? Apology accepted, sure... but... didn't you see that thing?» Saten started cold sweating and shaking.

«See... what? When me and Shirai-san had arrived, you were completely alone. Your friend had left too.» the flower crowned girl explained.

«This can't be true... that's not what happened! The phone! WHERE IS IT?! Give it to me, now!» Saten left the bed and went searching for her phone between every desk nearby. «Give it to me!» then she aggressively turned to her friends; Uiharu, shocked, picked it up from her pocket and lent it to Saten who immediately grabbed it like it was a piece of steak given to a one month hungry lion.

«Calm down, Saten-san... please...» the anxious friend urged.

«I beg you, you can't disappoint me...» Saten said looking at her mobile. «"Please"? Please is what I have to say! Let's check! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!» she yelled out loud, then she sat on the bed again, without energies.

«Saten-san...?» Misaka, who was quietly watching over them until that moment, started to worry about the girl's weird attitude too.

«Guys... I really met Siren Head! That wasn't a blood pressure problem, I was attacked!» Ruiko said with decision and, before giving the chance to get contradicted, she told everybody to stay silent and listen. «This time luck didn't turn on me... I was filming everything with my phone, but suddenly that monster appeared right in front of my face and I threw my mobile away due to the jumpscare. I thought I had lost all the data... but, apparently, because of the fact I have the device's memory full of the urban legends stuff, the filming stopped and saved by itself due to the insufficient memory trigger! And now... behold! Siren Head!» Saten turned the mobile's screen towards her friends; the girls became horrified once they realized she was telling the truth. The gruesome shape of the creature was clearly visible as it was standing still while the movie was showing it.