Chapter 65

Zayn’s POV

I’m livid. No, I’m more than fucking livid. She must think I’m stupid; some sort of idiot. Of course I knew it was Luke’s voice. What baffles me is how after all of the shit he put her through; she would even give him the time of day.

As if you’re one to talk.

And what the hell could they even have to talk about? She wants nothing to do with him.

I swear if he said anything to her about what he saw that day… I want to know more than anything what they talked about. Like, I don’t think he told her anything, because I’m sure she would have called me out on it at the zoo.

At this point, I just parked the car in front of the apartment, neither one of us having said a word to the other the entire car ride. I found myself looking over at her constantly though, only to find her doing the exact same thing. And all I really wanted to do was put the car in park, pull her over to me, hold her and forget this stupid shit ever happened. But then I would see her and Luke; Luke and her. And I’d get pissed the fuck off all over again.

I’m just so God damned pissed that she lied about meeting with him.

She probably lied because of your temper.

Breathe Zayn.

Just…go upstairs, change, get Marley ready for bed, and then you go to bed. You don’t want to be angry and talk to her; you’ll deal with this in the morning when you’ve calmed down. That’s what a rational person would do, right?

“Zayn, can we talk about this? Please,” she begs, following me up the stairs once we get inside the apartment. She grabs onto my arm when I don’t stop moving (mostly because this car seat is heavy as fuck.) And I’m beyond annoyed when I feel the anger start to dissipate from my body at the simple touch of her hand.

Closing my eyes, I stop midway on the staircase. “Just, fucking hell….tomorrow, Charlie,” I tell her, hoping that she’ll drop it for tonight.

Charlie’s POV

Well, last night was…well, it was. Zayn slept on one side of the bed, and I slept on the other with Marley smack in the middle of us. He didn’t say anything to me as he handed me his shirt, so that’s good, right? That he handed me his shirt to put on?

I’m noticing subtle changes in his anger nowadays. It’s not as intense as it used to be and he seems to get over things much more quickly, which is nice. I’m really proud of him.

Anyway, I woke up early today, relieved that it’s a Saturday and we don’t have classes. Oh and it’s Valentine’s Day (A/N: you know what’s really sick? Valentine’s Day is actually on a Saturday this year!). I did manage to run out and get Zayn something while he was still sleeping, and I hope he likes it-and that he doesn’t throw it right back in my face, considering this morning could go a number of ways.

Since I’m already up, I guess I’ll make breakfast and some coffee. And surprisingly, Marley’s still asleep. I guess all of that zoo stuff yesterday really tired him out. Taking out the eggs, I decide to go with something simple-pancakes, eggs and turkey bacon.

“Hey.” His voice startles me to the point where I drop the pan on the floor. “Sorry,” he mumbles, moving around me to pick it up.

I take the pan after a few awkward seconds of him holding it out in front of me. “H-hey.” Well, I got a ‘hey,’ so maybe I’m not completely down and out. I turn around and he throws me off once again when he leans right next to me, his back against the counter. Feeling his eyes burn into the side of my head, it’s making it next to impossible to cook. But I do manage to clumsily take the turkey bacon out of the package and put it into my heated frying pan.